“No Upgrades Made in Many Years” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Toronto North

You added Super 8 Toronto North to your Saves list
Super 8 Toronto North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3400 Steeles Ave West, Concord, Vaughan, Ontario L4K 1A2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Concord
OTTAWA
“No Upgrades Made in Many Years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have stayed here numerous times when we visited Wonderland over the last 4 years and sometimes for 5 days. Over the years we have not seen much of their revenue put back into the hotel. The hot tub was broke in January and Feb. when I checked the reviews prior to booking. My hope was that it would be fixed by July when we would be on holidays. We were informed by front desk staff that it would cost $40.000.00 to fix the hot tub so that is why it has never been fixed. We had 2 rooms reserved and one of them smelled of mould for the whole 5 days we were there. The room that had the odour had a fairly new set of mattresses. The other room had mattresses that felt and looked like they had not been replaced in 15 years. They ran out of bread one morning for the breakfast. They used to have a waffle machine but I guess this broke and was never replaced. There was major construction going on in their parking lot, and the construction crews were starting at 7:30 a.m. So overall I do try to give the small guy on the block my business, however I will now be looking for a new place to stay in the future. I will not support an establishment that does not put money back into their properties. Nor will I support a business that advertises to have a hot tub, but does not repair it when broken. It would be interesting to see how many members with trip advisor have stayed at this establishment with the hot tub not working and to see how far back this issue goes. Does anyone have some alternative selections for hotels at a decent cost in this area close to Wonderland.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 107 poor beds or 113 smells like mould.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Karrell D, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Toronto North, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. All staff very much appreciate your words. There had been a lot of upgrades recently. The hot tub was broken and it was fixed after a few months it broke again and need to be fixed again. It is not the money why it was not fixed. Maintenace had to order some parts and it took a little while to receive after it had to be check by the City of Vaughan pool inspector making sure it is safe for guest. I don't know how your rooms could smell of mould. Housekeeping staff does a very good job cleaning all the rooms and airing rooms.

Maintenace are putting new mattress in all the rooms. I am very sorry that bread ran out. Sometimes guest take lot of bread and muffins and we ran out quickly. Sorry we don't have waffles.. We are currently making changes to our Super Start Breakfast. They are currently building a car wash next door to Super 8. Sorry for the inconvenience. I know in my heart that Super 8 is a great place. Thank you.

Super 8 Vaughan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was staying this hotel 3 days.There is execellent staff service and cleaness. It was a execellent front desk, her name is Nikita. she guide me very politely and respectfull. My experience was amazing. I pefer to stay always this Super 8.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

WOW!! Thanks very much for your wonderful review. All staff at our Super 8 Toronto North are thrilled to read your kind words. Thanks.

Wahnapitae
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My first time in a Super 8 but it won't be my last. New king site with flat screen (a must for me) and new mattress-excellent! Front staff very good-friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Great Review on Trip Advisor. All staff are very happy that you had a great time at our hotel. Thanks.

PEFFERLAW
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I haven't even stayed here yet and I'm not happy!! The online booking service that this hotel uses should be in court for illegal practice! They have charged my credit card already and my stay is 2 months away AND there are NO refunds! All for a service that has not yet been provided. What if my plans change (I am attending a conference, what if it's cancelled.?) The only response I got when speaking to their representative is that it clearly states in their policies that this is how they do business. True, I should have taken the time to read all the fine print and that is on me. Plus, booking from Canada for a canadian hotel and then billed in US$ and charged conversion. Not as good a deal as it seems.
My advice, do not book on-line.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Toronto North? Share your experiences!