“A perfect stop if you are on your way to the ferry in Tsawwassen.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clair's Bed & Breakfast

You added Clair's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Clair's Bed & Breakfast
4919 - 48th Avenue | corner of 48th Avenue & Bridge Street, Ladner, Delta, British Columbia V4K 1V4, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Ladner B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hillsborough, California
“A perfect stop if you are on your way to the ferry in Tsawwassen.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Clair's B&B. First of all, the location was convenient to the ferry, which was great. Clair and Cliff made us feel like we were family. They were so welcoming and generous. Our room was cozy and well appointed. We appreciated all of the little thoughtful details that Clair includes. Lastly, her breakfast in the morning was out of this world. We would definitely plan a return visit and would recommend Clair's to our friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Clairsinnladner, Owner at Clair's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Irene - Thank-You so much for your glowing review. It was wonderful meeting you and sharing stories at the breakfast table. Positive reviews and word of mouth recommondations are so important to my small business. We look forward to seeing you again.

Clair Oates

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Spent two nights at Clair's as we were traveling to Vancouver and this looked great on the website. It is fine, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, price much less than anything actually in Vancouver, and the distance to Vancouver is about 15 miles. Our room did not have a shower, but a tub with a hand held shower. It was difficult to use the hand held shower as there was no shower curtain. DO NOT arrive before the appointed 3pm check in time. We arrived at noon, and were not allowed in, not allowed to store our luggage and she was very reluctant to let us use the restroom, even though we were staying there that night and the next night. She will ask you to choose a time for breakfast, we chose 8:30, I was up and around at 7:30am and one of the friends I was traveling with was also up. We both asked (at separate times, not knowing the other one had asked) for coffee and were told no coffee until 8:30 with breakfast - truly! Come on, make a pot of coffee for early risers. My friend went out and bought coffee from a bakery around the corner for the four of us. We sat on the porch, planning the day and drinking our purchased coffee, and when she came out to call us into breakfast, she really appeared surprised that we had purchased coffee. The food was very good, especially the fritatta. Overall, it was fine, but a bit militant for my liking.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Clairsinnladner, Owner at Clair's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
i am so pleased my guests enjoyed the many amenties offered in our home. We have worked hard to make it a pleasant and inviting B&B. We only have one room with a clawfoot bath instead of a shower. We have put a shower head in this bath for the convenience of guests who wish to shampoo hair or rinse off. We hope that next time you cometo stay you will choose one of my many ther rooms. OH MY! did I really not offer you coffee early in the morning? i have a pantry where my guests can make coffee at any time and where I leave coffee at 7:30 for early risers. It seems to me that I have had more than one misunderstanding as i have areas where early arrivers can leave luggage though it is true I do not take it or guests to rooms until the room is ready for guests.

\i am so sorry that these wonderful guests were left with the impression that I was \'militatnt" Was i having a bad day? Did my worries over personal and family health issues get in the way of my job? if so, I am so sorry. i strive to warmly welcome my valued guests into my home. It seems I dropped the ball" with these lovely folk. I hope I get a chance to spoil them in my home in the future.
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

This is the perfect B and B to take advantage of the the many miles of trails and quiet, country roads between Ladner and Twassen that are great for hiking, biking or just walking, for example along the 46 kilometer long dike trail that skirts the coast of Boundary Bay. You'll see eagles, hawks, blue herons and many other kinds of birds along the way. Ladner, which is a quaint, funky old town, is in the middle of the Fraser River Delta estuary, the largest estuary in North America. It's a paradise for nature lovers and a critical stopping point on the Pacific Flyway for millions of birds. Clair, your host, is very helpful and completely knowlegeable about the area. She can help you plan a great, relaxing holiday.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Winton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

Room was clean and bright, breakfast was delicious, Clair was knowledgeable, seemed like a value for the price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Prince George
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

I stayed with Clair in Ladner BC on a stopover to Toronto. The accommodations were extremely comfortable with all the amenities you could imagine. Unfortunately I had only one night at this funky B&B because I had a very early flight out to Toronto the next morning. Clair booked me a taxi to the airport and it took less that 15 minutes to get there! This is a great alternative to much pricier and sterile Airport Hotels. Although I told Clair that I was not expecting breakfast at such an early hour - she was up and had a fresh pot of coffee ready for me. This is truly a hidden gem close to YVR.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
nanoose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

After a 3 week holiday in hotels after hotels I decided to indulge myself.

This is an amazing B and B.

Close to dining and walking areas.

The decor is beautiful.

Clair is wonderful with all kinds of historial info about the area.

The breaksfast is WOW !!!!!!!!!!

Indulge yourself .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Very individual with each room having its own brilliant style. Very clean and tidy with a lovely welcome. Food is cooked fresh and tasty - Claire can cook!

Would stay again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Clair's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!