“Staycation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clair's Bed & Breakfast

You added Clair's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Clair's Bed & Breakfast
4919 - 48th Avenue | corner of 48th Avenue & Bridge Street, Ladner, Delta, British Columbia V4K 1V4, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Ladner B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Staycation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

When ever I want to get away from downtown I head over to Ladner BC and stay at Clair's Bed and Breakfast. Ladner has all my favorite small town shops right within walking distance and sometimes I head over to Westham Island a 10 min. car ride to do some farm shopping for organic eggs and produce at Keith's or fresh herbs at Herbs Place. I love waking up to one of Claire's farm to table breakfasts she always blows me away with what ever is in season, some of her creations are truly one of a kind, the baked French toast with fresh in season blueberries and strawberries is heavenly, I'd honestly stay there just for the breakfast alone. I have stayed in the garnet room and the Amber room and both have been very quiet and extremely clean and well kept. I am looking forward to going back very soon during Farmers Market season which takes place right across the road from Clair's

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Clairsinnladner, Owner at Clair's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Always a pleasure seeing you! Staycations are an amazing way to relax, unwind and see another part of your beautiful B.C. coast homeland. We at Clair's B&B are so lucky to have so much fresh produce, fruits and seafood to use in our cooking. Thank-You for much for this perfect review. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

"When You Stay with Us - The Hardest Part is Saying Goodbye. The Rest is Easy"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Ladner is a quaint town and Clair's is the the perfect place to stay. Clair is an amazing chef and the breakfasts are out of this world! We were treated like family and would highly recommend Clair's.

Room Tip: This is a heritage home and the room sizes vary greatly. Check out their web site to help make the b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank-You so very much for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure having you stay at our B&B and hope we will see you again some day. Will keep in touch through emails & FB?!

Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recommend Clair's B&B to all my friends...so we visited again,.... along with a few friends. We had a wonderful time. The food was amazing, the rooms are charming, clean and comfortable and Clair is a terrific host. What makes Clair's special too is the food. She is a gourmet cook and obviously loves to delight her guests with novel cuisine created in her professionally equipped kitchen. We also like that the location is walking distance from the waterfront, the lovely little village center and just 30 minutes drive to the city center. On one visit, we were lucky enough that it was at the time of the Ladner Farmers Market where we found lots of locally made products to take home with us. If you like a B&B that has tons of traditional character and a truly welcoming atmosphere, you will love Clairs.

Room Tip: There is a lovely large bedroom upstairs at the back that has a private deck overlooking the garden...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Clairsinnladner, Owner at Clair's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
It was wonderful seeing you all once again at our B&B. Thank-you so so very much for this glowing review. We look forward to your next visit to our town of Ladner.

delta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I picked out a room with a posted price on-line, but when I went to book they refused to honour that price and wanted to charge me more. The owner was extremely rude when challenged on this poor business practice. No booking was made.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Clairsinnladner, Owner at Clair's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
WOW - This was an immense surprise!

To My Future and Past Guests - We apologise for this poor impression of our B&B. If memory serves, this local resident to Delta had placed a unconfirmed accommodation request for a one night stay for 5 adult persons from Australia. I quoted him a cost for the two rooms. . Our Turquoise Suite for 2 couples ( 4 adults - this suite is generally suited to 2 adults and 2 children- hence Family Suite), and my Garnet Room for 1 adult. The cost was within our summer rate category for a one night stay on a weekend. He questioned the rate provided saying that my site indicated prices from $105.00 - $145.00 for Garnet Room and $155.00 - $195.00 for Turquoise Family Suite. My quote was for $115.00 on Garnet Room $205.00 on Turquoise Famly Suite. I replied that our website was a little out of date and that the prices online were starting prices from winter single ccupancy to high season double occupancy and that there had been no price increases in 5 years. major renovations had been made to the Suite and that the cost quoted for 5 adults would be this, including gourmet breakfasts , wireless internet, free parking, coffee, tea or another beverage. He appeared not to accept this quote and challanged it repeatedly. I received a second online reservation request on the same day for a two night stay in the Turquoise Suite - I chose to accept this confirmed online reservation? As we market ourselves primarly as the spare bedroom in Ladner - we were more than willing to offer other rooms ( 3) for the 5 person but the gentleman making the initial inquiry chose to question my integrity and accuse me of PRICE BAITING in numerous emails and make me feel destinctly uncomfortable.

I admit I was wrong, and must sincerely apologise to this person for closing my last email to him with "Not as Sincerely". It was unprofessional and uncalled for. "My Apology".

He then took his unhappyness to the "Canadian Better Business Bureau", who refused his claim, not getting the satisfaction he requested he has now joined TrpAdvisor and I appear to be his first review.

For those of you who have taken the time to read this - I can assure you this is not the norm as far as our reservation process goes..

Clair's Bed & Breakfast in Ladner Village
"When you stay with Us - The Hardest Part is Saying Goodbye. The Rest is Easy !"
High River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Since my 1st stay at Clair's Bed & Breakfast I have made two more visits. All my stays have been great...to back this statement up...I have now recommended my wife stay at Clare's when she visits the Ladner/Delta area! Now that is a positive rating!
This B & B is clean, very comfortable, great breakfast plus owners and staff are very helpful and make you feel welcome.

if you are looking for a place to dine while in Ladner I recommend "Taverna Gorgona". Service and food (authentic Greek) are very good and easy walk from Clair's. I have visited this restaurant twice and will be going back. Clean, good value, great food and staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
As alway it was wonderful having you to our B&B in Ladner. We look forward to lots of future visits and amazing conversations.

Kelowna, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Once again I find myself visiting this amazing B&B - from the huge welcome, I was shown to the Jade Room, this room is so beautifully decorated and so many interesting pieces of furniture that you have to know the history of where Clair purchased everything. As a B&B owner myself, I appreciate the attention to detail, the presentation of breakfast is far above anything else and I will definitely be referring my visiting guests to Clair's B&B.

Room Tip: This room has a charm of its own.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Wonderful seeing you again!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Another FABULOUS week at Clairs. This time I stayed in the Amethyst Suite - It is definately my favourite. Each room has a different theme and they are all amazing but I really fell in love with the Amethyst. Clair was lovely as always and the breakfasts are always a delight. It is lovely to meet so many new and interesting people over breakfast and Clair makes everyone feel right at home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
JD - As alway it was wonderful seeing you agan. You have been visiting us for over 8 years now and your visit is alway a destinct pleasure. I look forward to seeing You and all your family ( all nine of you) in June 2013 and am working on a new selection of Glueton Free recipes.

"When You Stay with Us - The Hardest Part is Saying Goodbye. The Rest is Easy"

Been to Clair's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!