“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Los Lanceros Hotel

Save Saved
You added Los Lanceros Hotel to your Saves list
Los Lanceros Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calvario 47 - 49, 28200 San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Spain   |
New York City, New York
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Los Lanceros is in a good, relatively quiet location, next to two other hotels (a 4-star and a smaller one). The hotel is just off the main road and was easy to approach via taxi. The main bus terminal is very close, and the old town and El Escorial are a short walk away. My room was large and spotless. The TV was old, had no English language stations, and I had trouble turning it on. The receptionist came up twice, very promptly, to help. I didn't take the breakfast buffet, but had a smaller breakfast one morning at the bar, and tapas one evening. Overall, I was satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
sw france
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stumbled across this fabulous town because we wanted to visit the Valley of the Fallen. What a find. Lovely hotel, comfortable, very helpful and friendly staff, great breakfasts and a brilliant location - 5 minute walk from the Bus station that takes you to Madrid in 45mins.

An easy 15 min drive to the Valley and a lovely square and side roads for tapas and evening drinks.

The most amazing thing was though a total surprise - the most amazing monastery where many of the Spanish Kings and Queens are buried in a beautiful pantheon. I visit on it's own.

Could not recommend this hotel nor the visits more highly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

This hotel is perfect for a short stay. It is very near from town center and from the Escorial. But for a similar price, you should be better in the nextdoor NH hotel, with a swimming pool. Breakfast not so bad.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I thoroughly enjoy atmosphere here. It's a quaint little hotel that is conveniently a few steps away from the bus station to Madrid.

The rooms are cleaned daily with fresh towels. I've bumped into a few of the cleaning ladies as they bustled about and they are so polite and courteous. The front desk and it's receptionists are always helpful and nice. Internet, through an ethernet, is always up and running. WiFi is available downstairs but can be a little slow depending on the time of day.

The only reason why I ranked this hotel four stars instead of five is because of the atmosphere in the restaurant downstairs. I am here with a hundred or so other students every morning for breakfast (due to our study abroad program) but, because I did not want to bring my food upstairs and make a mess in the room, I decided to have my dinner at one of the tables inside (as it was raining outside). A couple of my colleagues sat around me and after about twenty minutes of eating, a man working at the restaurant came up to me and told me I could not eat there. I would have been fine with that, but he seemed extremely irritated. This was my first "offense" (so-to-speak) and I felt that his attitude was uncalled for. I would have appreciated it had he waited until I finished and pulled me aside privately on my way out to tell me that I should not eat there again.

Over-all, a nice hotel with a balcony.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

Stayed here for two nights and will definitely come back. I arrived at 10 am to ask when I could check in and they allowed me to do it right then! I was tired from my trip and I remember thinking that this was going to be a good stay. The staff is really nice and helpful, the rooms are super tidy. The place is relatively new so everything looks very nice. The room was huge, nice big windows, free internet and even a mini fridge. The bathroom was very comfortable with a hot tub and everything
It is so close to the monastery that I could come and go as I pleased (I was working there for a few days).
The only thing I did not like is the restaurant. Breakfasts are expensive considering what they offer and every time I went in there was no waitress so I had to wait for her to come from wherever she was.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

Recently stayed overnight at this hotel in order to fully explore El Escorial Palace and surrounding attractions (Valley of the Fallen in breathtaking).

A small but relatively new hotel in a central location, under five minutes walk to the palace complex. Parking garage available which is more or less essential if you have a car as parking is difficult, especially close to the hotel.

Check in was quick and easy with a very friendly desk. Room was simple but clean and in good condition with every amenity for a comfortable stay, including a small balcony and black out curtains. Good sized bathroom, good towels and toiletries and an excellent power shower.

There is a buffet breakfast, while not lavish will satisfy most with a hot and cold selection. What really surprised us was the quality of the hotel restaurant. We had dinner here (not a vast selection of restaurants in the town) and the service and the quality of the food went far beyond expectations and we very much enjoyed our meal.

The hotel has a very pleasant terrace too which provided welcomed relief after touring the vast Escorial. They do a fantastic selection of tall tropical fresh fruit drinks which we enjoyed sampling.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Los Lanceros Hotel? Share your experiences!