“Weird” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Venice, Italy
“Weird”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had a kind of weird experience in this small restaurant/bar today. I got there quite hungry after roaming the town center - many places were closed or completely full - and I was looking just for something to eat, nothing fancy. I sat inside, while most of the clientele was outside, but there were other people in the room anyway. A server comes by and asks me what I'd like to drink. I get my beer and I wait to order the food... and I wait... and I wait. All the other tables near me are being served while I'm just sitting there looking hopefully around. After a while another server arrives and asks me if I am ok - to which I obviously answer no. Very quickly he brings me a menu. I find something and then I wait... and I wait... and I wait. By now it was just me in the room. After possibly 15 minutes the same guy arrives and apologizes profusely for forgetting me. I place my order and fifty seconds later my dishes are on the table together with a small piece of tortilla as apology. The food was quite good, even if a bit on the heavy side for my tastes. I ask for the bill to a third server and a fourth one brings it - I give him a note and I get my jacket on, since it was late and I had a bus to catch, while I wait for my change. Well, you can guess it: I waited... and I waited... and then I decided they could keep the one euro, and I just left. The place was empty and I have no idea what they were waiting for to give me my change. So, basically - the food is quite good, on the expensive side. The service is instead quite bad, even if they at least try.

Visited March 2013