“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Getafe
Hertfordshire
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Me and my mate stayed here after arriving in Spain on a bank holiday !!! we was supposed to drop off some goods but they where shut so we had to find a hotel for a night with secure parking.

This hotel was very clean and the staff where so friendly and helpful.Ok we only stayed 1 night, but found this hotel very good.The food was fantastic at a good price.The beds where very comfortable and we had a good night sleep,there was free aircon also which was a bonus.The bathroom was very clean, in fact I would say this was the best bathroom I have ever stayed in a hotel.

I am from now on going to stay at this hotel when I have to drive to Madrid which is 6 times a year for our over night stop.

Great Hotel,Great staff,Great food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with a group of friends whilst at a music festival in Getafe.
Location wise, the hotel is right next to a motorway in an industrial part of town, and easily accessible by car from MAD airport.
The hotel was more like a motel, with a car port under each room. The rooms are big and a double room has 2 single beds rather than a double. Although not modern the rooms are clean and functional and have a safe in the wardrobe and a small mini bar fridge.
The bathrooms are spacious and my main criticism would be the clogged up shower heads which result in a painfully powerful stream from a few jets. The rooms are air conditioned and have shutters which keep the room dark and cool at night. There is a bar which serves breakfast for 10 euros which I did not find good value for money due to the quality of the selection.
There is a pool which was unfortunately not open until the middle of June and full of dirty water. The staff are friendly however spoke no English, all in all however we enjoyed our stay here and would return if we were ever in the area again

• Stayed May 2012
Seville, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I was there 6 weeks for business. What can I say? Just excellent treatment from part of the staff. Waiters are brilliant and funny.
The rooms are spacious and yes they could do with a bit of maintenance overall but just really good.
Food wise just excellent and big portions.
Thanks for all the help and friendliness.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

This hotel was the single most terrible experience of a hotel I've ever had. The staff could not have cared less, none of them spoke English. The pool was not operational, and grass around it was not cut, and gate locked. Nowhere to relax in the sun. It's also directly on a highway and impossible to walk anywhere without a taxi....I mean, what a terrible location for a hotel! It's more like a motel.

The staff refused us room service (which was '24' hours), for what I don't know...it took us a while to order since they didn't speak English, and then they told us they don't do room service to our room. Why bother? The room was badly lit, missing kettle, tea, coffee.....no drinks in the fridge even though they had a price menu beside it. Beds were terrible. Just one pillow.

The food was appalling, I can't stress this enough. Overpriced and tasteless. Breakfast (which we paid for) was terrible. First night we only got supplied tiny pastries and Coco Pops with coffee ($8.50). No toast or anything else. Second was better with some Iberian meats and toast. Third night we got no breakfast, at all. They simply didn't serve it and asked us to pay for something off a menu (as well as paying for inclusive breakfast). When we ordered breakfast they said they could not do it, so we ate at the petrol station across the road.

When we had to leave (thank God) I tried to explain to the receptionist how terrible this hotel was, and how unsatisfied I was with it. I demanded a discount, due to the complete lack of being hotel it was. After a long convincing, we only got the inclusive breakfast taken off our last day there ($8.50).

Please, go anywhere but this place. They simply don't deserve the money they ask for.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Tryp Los Angeles? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Tryp Los Angeles

Address: Ctra Andalucia Km 14, 200, 28906 Getafe, Spain
Location: Spain > Community of Madrid > Getafe
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Getafe
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Tryp Los Angeles 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Melia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Tryp Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Tryp Los Angeles, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.