“Good food but very strange variable service level” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Arth, Switzerland
“Good food but very strange variable service level”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

The restaurant was rather empty appx 4 tables occupied but a staff insisted that I sit next to a smokers table. Interestingly, the size of the table that I have selected compared to the other one that the staff insist, is the same but the difference, 5 chairs - the one I selecte and the other have 3. Finally, he relented when. When I tried to place my order with the same staff, he told me that my selection was not available. Obviously, I need to look at the menu to restart my selection. 10 minutes later, another staff came over, now, my new selection was not available but the earlier one is available. Kind of strange, right? Thank goodness, the food was nice but it is definitely, a strange service level.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
athens
“Excellent choice for something casual with great value/food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The restaurant is very busy and noisy, at the most busy spot of Vouliagmeni. I loved the dishes, very tasty and very reasonable low prices!! A very good choice for something casual with friends

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Artisan Foods, Delicious & Not the least bit pretentious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Since we live in LA, and can have sushi at Nobu whenever we care to - we decided that we should find and eat authentic Greek fare -- after all, we're visiting Greece.

Diverted from the Arion (staying at the Westin/Astir), we were referred by the hotel staff to try the Rakadikon. We didn't know what to expect walking in; we were wonderfully surprised.

A hidden gem awaited us - carefully chosen ingredients and well prepared foods... such as lamb from Crete, pork and feta cheese from Ipiros, potatoes from Naxos Island; and a lesson in the different qualities of Ouzo. Sometimes the most wonderful surprises can come in a well disguised package. The food was all well prepared and delicious.

The most sincere compliment that I can pay these purveyors is that (because we're also food bloggers as well as road warriors) we thoroughly enjoyed our meal - each and every bite. Furthermore, we didn't try to dissect the individual components/ingredients of each dish (a rather rude habit that we've developed as a result from food blogging) - we simply reveled in the flavors and enjoyed the experience. To me, this "speaks volumes".

I'm a road warrior and (top tier) frequent guest at various Starwood hotels (from paid work, not food blogging); and throughout the dinner, both my husband and I failed to understand the one other comment posted about the potential credit card misuse that could possibly have originated from this establishment. In stark contrast, we found the people at the restaurant to be the most honest, genuine, and sincere people, and we simply can not imagine that the hotel would send us to a place that would be in the slightest bit (perceived) dodgy.

[As someone who has to help manage/mitigate corporate information security/fraud, sometimes credit card duplication can occur at the most random sources - which can include data "ghosting" from gas station kiosks or bank machines, which can appear to be "legitimate" - i.e., its' easy to "blame it on the maid"...type of situation. These days, data theft can occur just about anywhere. We felt that the restaurant was not a risk for suspicious activity.]

In short, I would not hesitate to return and would gladly fork over my credit card (or my right hand for that matter) in exchange for another simply amazing meal.

Kudos to the wonderful artisans at Rakadikon.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Everything on the menu is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Traditional Cretan dishes, some with a modern twist. Good for drinking shots of frozen Raki and nibbling on different flavors

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Finland
“Good food at reasonable price - and copy of your credit card”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Had dinner here twice last Summer. Food is good, service is good, price is right, but... While paying, they took by credit card somewhere out of my sight (and I was stupid enough to let them do that) and copied it. Couple months later it was used at a Walmart somewhere midwest. How do I know it was them that copied it? I only use this card for travels and my previous trip was months before and next one after the incident & in Greece only other place I used it at was Hilton Athens while the card remianed in my sight. If you've eaten here and had your card copied about the time, pls write a comment to make sure these guys won't get more business & more cards copied.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere