“amazing! 10 *'s” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Thomas Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paiania
St. Thomas Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added St. Thomas Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
21 St. Thomas, Paiania 19002, Greece   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Paiania B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas, United States
“amazing! 10 *'s”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Janet is the most accomodating host I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! Where do I begin... well first of all, Janet picked us up from the airport and waited for us to bring all of our 8, yes 8 bags. She then went out of her way to help us sort out our travel plans with the airport, giving us tips on how to save money by adding baggage online, insead of doing it at the counter. When we asked about a local store that sells luggage so we could consolidate bags, she said "im going out, ill give you a ride". She drove us around for almost an hour and when we couldn't find anyone that sold a suitable sized suitcase, she gave us one of her's! The bed is extremely comfortable. And it is close to the airport which makes an early flight much less of a hassle. When I come back to athens i will most definitely book a room here, given the opportunity! I would rate it 10 *'s if possible. I cannot say enough great things about this place!!! Whether it's for a night or a fortnight I suggest you check out this wonderful place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kings Langley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Janet goes out of her way to accommodate. Feel like you've known her ages after 10 mins!!
Gave me home made mince pies at Christmas!! Rooms and bathrooms are clean and tidy,
She also picks up and drops off at airport if she can, what more could you want?
Gary

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here at the beginning of a trip to Greece and Rome. The room was clean and quiet and I didn't have to share a bathroom. The whole place is beautiful, but what really makes this a great place to stay are the hosts. Janet and Aris went above and beyond for me; when I discovered that the converter I'd bought for the plugs was for the wrong part of Europe, they made sure I got a new adapter (selling me Janet's when the store in town was out of stock) so I could use my computer on the writers retreat. I would stay at the St. Thomas B & B again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Janet W, Owner at St. Thomas Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Myranda - thank you so much for your kind words!! It really was a pleasure having you stay with us and happy that we could help you out. I hope all went well after you left us and would love to hear all about it when you have the time. Hope all is well in Yellowknife and really hope that we will see you again in the not too distant future!! Best wishes. Janet and Aris
Campbell River, B.C. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our recent holiday to Greece had a wonderful beginning and ending as we had taken the advice of friends and booked into St. Thomas B & B for our first & last nights. We were greeted at Athens airport by Janet (very easy instructions on where to meet) and within minutes were settled into our lovely, spacious room (very comfortable bed). It felt like arriving home! After a lovely swim in their pool, we walked 5 minutes to the local taverna for a wonderful dinner. Next morning we enjoyed a lovely breakfast beside the pool then Janet dropped us back at the airport as we continued our trip. Three weeks later we returned to Janet after having spent 2 nights in downtown Athens. If we were planning a trip to the Athens area again we would stay at Janet's and commute into Athens each day (about 25 minutes by Metro - very safe & easy & Janet picks you up and drops you off at the Metro station which is 5 minutes from her place). Much more spacious, comfortable accomodation, plus the pool after a long hot day in Athens & much more economical than staying in Athens - makes good sense to us! Janet is a wonderful host and goes out of her way to make you feel welcome (enjoyed meeting her husband Aris & daughter Elizabeth too) We have already recommended the St. Thomas B & B to several friends and people we met while on holiday. We certainly hope to return there one day!

Room Tip: We were in the room on the main floor - very spacious with sliding doors out to a patio and a few st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Janet W, Owner at St. Thomas Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you so much for those kind words - you were both wonderful people and very easy guests which made our job a whole lot easier and pleasurable! We so look forward to you coming back some day and you never know we may get the opportunity to visit you also in Vancouver (I so would love to do that). Of course we will remember to bring our daughter with us too!! Our very warmest wishes to you both
Burry Port, Wales and Kalamata, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a stop over on our way back to the UK following recommendations by friends. We were not disappointed. Excellent hosts, lovely room, garden and swimming pool plus an excellent taverna just two doors away. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012
Janet W, Owner at St. Thomas Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
It was a pleasure having you - so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and of course I am looking forward to you coming back !!
newcastle upon tyne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have just spent two nights at this fabulous B & B. I stayed in the Lavender room. It was absolutely gorgeous, it even had its own balcony. From the moment I arrived there until the moment I left the hospitality was far superior to anything I have had in the past. They treated me as one of the family. The pool is sensational and after spending a day sight seeing in Athens it's a welcome sight. Sitting by the pool in the morning having breakfast was a treat not to be missed. it was a lovely break and I cannot wait to come back again. Many thanks to Janet and her husband Aris for making it a weekend to remember

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic, but the Olive room and the Lavender room each have a balcony which is a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Janet W, Owner at St. Thomas Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely words. It really was a pleasure having you stay with us too and hope to see you again soon!
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Contorery to recommendtions on this site we were very disappointed during our short stay.The location is good,the owners seem like nice people but the place needs T.l.C :the rooms are small,the beds are narrow and we had no air conditioning (,it's July !! ) Our room had no en suite facility and in the one we had the faucet was not working properly,the tub was rusty..in short this is no wonderfull B&B .breakfast was o.k but as we did not sleep well we cheked out and flew home.For the same charge you can get better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Janet W, Owner at St. Thomas Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us Ilana A but I would like to make it clear to anyone reading this first bad review that I have ever had in 8 years that my rooms are absolutely clean, everything works well and they were decorated in the Spring. It was pointed out that the room is the only one I have without air conditioning . only a ceiling fan and they were given a considerable reduction on both the rooms they were staying with as a party which they seemed to be very happy about at the time. The bathroom is a private bathroom only for the use of that room and immediately next to the room. I once again apologise that they didn't enjoy their stay but it was not the reason for them to leave and take their flight home as they had only booked for one night and had their return flight booked for the next day.

Been to St. Thomas Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!