We needed to make an early flight so chose this hotel for the night (the Sofitel is ruinously expensive). There's a free shuttle from the airport at 30 minute intervals, so after dropping off our hire car we stepped straight on the bus. The hotel's about 15 mins by shuttle from the airport, and is basically in a desert of office buildings and a motorway service station, but it is connected to Athens by the fast public bus service, so you could go out for the evening.
We checked out the bar and restaurant prices which are absurd, so popped into the motorway shop for drinks and snacks, which suited us fine. Rooms are very good - spacious, huge and comfortable bed, good choice of TV channels, free wi-fi, proper big bath, kettle with tea and coffee - just what was needed. Not tempted by breakfast at between 15 and 22 euros each, either, but if booked at a discount and you don't eat or drink there, this is a good choice. Good English spoken; efficient reception; even a choice of pillows. Will use this again in similar circs, because although it's pricier than a hotel in Athens, we would have needed a taxi as well, which makes the Holiday Inn a sensible choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOLIDAY INN ATTICA AVENUE, is the new 5 star hotel, built on Attica Avenue, the upcoming business area of Athens. It is only 8 min. from EL. Venizelos International airport (shuttle bus service on specific timetable) and from the National Highways (8min. from the OTE Building on KIFISSIAS AVE), and just 1,5km away from the suburban train. With its 180 standard rooms, 11 executive rooms and 3 suites, fitted with the latest equipment (high speed internet access), it proves to be a valuable tool to the corporate traveler.The hotel is well equipped (wireless connectivity) for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with six flexible function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 200 guests. Facilities and services include a fully equipped 24-hour Internet Center, with complimentary use for half hour per day. The RUBY Restaurant and GOLDEN Bar are offering a friendly atmosphere and ultimate relaxation to guests that wish to combine pleasure and work as well as to stop-over guests that wish to avoid staying in a noisy airport. The health center with 24-hour gym,sauna and indoor pool on complimentary use, offers the latest fitness and beauty services such as massage. All hotel amenities of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue are well described in Ram magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Athens Airport Hotel Paiania
- Holiday Inn Peania
- Peania Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West Greece