The room was clean and modern, check in efficient, and everything was clean but the obscene charge for internet access made n me feel not like a guest but like a con man's victim. I just spent a month traveling across Greece and stayed in everything from budget hotels to fancy boutique hotels. Nor only did I get free Wi-Fi in every other hotel that I stayed in, there was also free Wi-Fi in cafes and even in the airport. Nine euros for internet is inexcusable in 2013.
However annoying paid Wi-Fi is it pales into comparison to what they did at breakfast. Provide a breakfast buffet that I assumed was free. There was no sign with a price, no warning from the host, just was asked to check in with my room number. At checkout it turned out to be 17 euros, not that you'd have much choice in that neighborhood. When I voiced my unhappiness with the surprise charge the clerk pretended not to understand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOLIDAY INN ATTICA AVENUE, is the new 5 star hotel, built on Attica Avenue, the upcoming business area of Athens. It is only 8 min. from EL. Venizelos International airport (shuttle bus service on specific timetable) and from the National Highways (8min. from the OTE Building on KIFISSIAS AVE), and just 1,5km away from the suburban train. With its 180 standard rooms, 11 executive rooms and 3 suites, fitted with the latest equipment (high speed internet access), it proves to be a valuable tool to the corporate traveler.The hotel is well equipped (wireless connectivity) for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with six flexible function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 200 guests. Facilities and services include a fully equipped 24-hour Internet Center, with complimentary use for half hour per day. The RUBY Restaurant and GOLDEN Bar are offering a friendly atmosphere and ultimate relaxation to guests that wish to combine pleasure and work as well as to stop-over guests that wish to avoid staying in a noisy airport. The health center with 24-hour gym,sauna and indoor pool on complimentary use, offers the latest fitness and beauty services such as massage. All hotel amenities of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue are well described in Ram magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Athens Airport Hotel Paiania
- Holiday Inn Peania
- Peania Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West Greece