I stayed in this hotel one night because I had an early flight the next day. This is not a hotel if you want to visit Athens because it is about 30 minutes outside the city. It is just off the freeway and there is really nothing of interest around it. There is a free shuttle to the airport which I took. It leaves every half hour.
Nothing really exciting about this hotel. It seems to have a nautical theme - the windows are round like a boat. My room and bathroom were clean. I slept ok. I had room service - just a Greek salad and some fruit. It was good and came quickly. Breakfast was in the bar area downstairs. The staff were very attentive but the breakfast was only "meh". Nothing really Greek - just the usual over processed, sugary type of stuff with some eggs and bacon thrown in. This hotel is good for one night if you have to be at the airport but I wouldn't recommend it for a vacation trip - it is too far from downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOLIDAY INN ATTICA AVENUE, is the new 5 star hotel, built on Attica Avenue, the upcoming business area of Athens. It is only 8 min. from EL. Venizelos International airport (shuttle bus service on specific timetable) and from the National Highways (8min. from the OTE Building on KIFISSIAS AVE), and just 1,5km away from the suburban train. With its 180 standard rooms, 11 executive rooms and 3 suites, fitted with the latest equipment (high speed internet access), it proves to be a valuable tool to the corporate traveler.The hotel is well equipped (wireless connectivity) for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with six flexible function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 200 guests. Facilities and services include a fully equipped 24-hour Internet Center, with complimentary use for half hour per day. The RUBY Restaurant and GOLDEN Bar are offering a friendly atmosphere and ultimate relaxation to guests that wish to combine pleasure and work as well as to stop-over guests that wish to avoid staying in a noisy airport. The health center with 24-hour gym,sauna and indoor pool on complimentary use, offers the latest fitness and beauty services such as massage. All hotel amenities of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue are well described in Ram magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Athens Airport Hotel Paiania
- Holiday Inn Peania
- Peania Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West Greece