Slightly difficult to spot the free shuttle bus service as it does not park near the bus stop but in a car park.. However now i know where it is will be easier if using again.Go out the arrivals doors turn right and keep walking, when you come to a large car park just after the main building it is normally in there.
Shuttle was fine, Room was good typical Holiday Inn, WiFi was only free for a limited period, if you need more than 1hr it is an additional 9.50e for a 24hr pass. Hotels especially at this price level should have free WiFi. Check-in was simple and easy with good natured staff. Comfortable bed, one nescafe sachet, one teabag, one milk and one sugar meant a call to reception for more supplies. Bar was well frequented and reasonably priced.
So why only an average rating? Well for an unknown reason (maybe because of a conference on at the same time but no one would explain), the restaurant was actually closed and this was at 7:30pm! I had been looking forward to a decent meal and wine. The bar has only a very limited menu with food coming from the same kitchen as the closed restaurant. The food on the bar menu was ok but as i said little real choice, certainly not upto standard for a Hotel of this Star level.
For an overnight stop between flights ideal, for longer than this however I would have to think twice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOLIDAY INN ATTICA AVENUE, is the new 5 star hotel, built on Attica Avenue, the upcoming business area of Athens. It is only 8 min. from EL. Venizelos International airport (shuttle bus service on specific timetable) and from the National Highways (8min. from the OTE Building on KIFISSIAS AVE), and just 1,5km away from the suburban train. With its 180 standard rooms, 11 executive rooms and 3 suites, fitted with the latest equipment (high speed internet access), it proves to be a valuable tool to the corporate traveler.The hotel is well equipped (wireless connectivity) for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with six flexible function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 200 guests. Facilities and services include a fully equipped 24-hour Internet Center, with complimentary use for half hour per day. The RUBY Restaurant and GOLDEN Bar are offering a friendly atmosphere and ultimate relaxation to guests that wish to combine pleasure and work as well as to stop-over guests that wish to avoid staying in a noisy airport. The health center with 24-hour gym,sauna and indoor pool on complimentary use, offers the latest fitness and beauty services such as massage. All hotel amenities of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue are well described in Ram magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Athens Airport Hotel Paiania
- Holiday Inn Peania
- Peania Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West Greece