“My Greece trip 5th one” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Attica Avenue 40.2 km | between exits 17 & 18, Paiania 19002, Greece   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Paiania
George Town, Grand Cayman
“My Greece trip 5th one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hotel was very clean,our room beutiful,I liked the por hole windows. The restaraut was great,,,Service excellant will go back for sure. Great place to stay the night before your flight back to states.We arrived around 4 so we relaxed, had a cocktail in the nice lounge and had a lovely dinner after. Very close to the airport s no need to rush in the morning.Lovely breakfast was offered. We will stay their again on our next trip to Greece.

Room Tip: third floor was great,,quiet,nice view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

387 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Crete, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We had to spend a night in Athens and be close to the airport for an early flight the next day. This was a good choice. A shuttle bus that was free runs from outside the airport to the hotel. It only took 10 minutes. The room was nice and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities. There is a little coffee/snack takeaway just outside if you prefer. We ate in the hotel bar and that was good. We had a club sandwich each and there was plenty on the plate as it came with chips as well. Had our early morning call the next day and again the free shuttle bus to the airport in time for our flight. A good choice for travellers

Stayed February 2013
Cephalonia, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I arrived at the airport at 19.30 and needed to be back at the airport at 17.00 the following day. Travelling alone, with a general transport strike, what on earth can you do at the airport with 20 hours to kill? Well, if you like keeping fit and relaxing, stay at the Holiday Inn! The shuttle bus took me to the hotel and because I had eaten earlier I went straight to my room without dinner in the restaurant. The room was a good size, clean and comfortable and Oh joy, there was a kettle and tea and coffee, so I was happy. I do admit to eating the crisps from the mini-bar!
The next day, I spent the morning in the gym, swimming pool and sauna, relaxing in my room and finally leaving around 14.30. The delightful front of house staff had offered me a late check-out when I explained my situation. The only mistake was that I ate a rather revolting salad at the airport whereas I should have eaten at the hotel restaurant before I left.
So, to recap - I did not eat at the hotel at all so cannot comment on the food/room service but the front-of-house staff were excellent and the gym facilities super.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

we just spent one night before departing to uk.... hotel is great as usual and it is one of the reasonable and standard hotel near the airport, everything was good enough besides one terrible incident happened inside our room..... which was the worst hotel experence i hav ever had.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear jenni200,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am so pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues you had inside your room. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

our last night stay was here in October. It was easy access to the airport for a morning flight. The x95 bus stops at the corner so a 30 minute ride to the Platka for site seeing is not bad. The food during the dinner buffet was delicious. Didnt have much need for service help but the rooms are clean and modern and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have stayed at this standard airport hotel many times when traveling to Greece. This year I had the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I went to bed early since I had to get up at 4am for my flight. Around midnight I was abruptly awakened by very loud, vibrating disco music. After enduring this for half an hour I called the front desk and they said the music would stop immediately. This did not happen so I went to the lobby and discovered a party with blasting music. Management said they would stop it but it never happened. Many other guests were also in the lobby complaining. Needless to say I got no sleep. Since I also speak Greek I heard the staff staying that they could stop the party since they had paid for the room and band! All the while they were telling the guests that the music would stop. I asked management for a discount the next morning to no avail. This was not the end of this nightmare. A few days after arriving home I broke out into what appeared to be a rash with very painful itching which lasted over a week. After research, I discovered that this was due to bed bugs! I called the hotel, since it was the only hotel I had stayed while in Greece and the manager refused to talk to me. After many phone calls I gave up. I know bedbugs can happen in a hotel, but I expect management to acknowledge and address the issue. I have never experienced such poor customer service and total lack of concern for the guests staying at the hotel. Never again!

Room Tip: Make sure there's no bed bugs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear tidewatercapecod,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Paiania hotels

South Shields
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The standard fare and the standard Holiday Inn quality. Comfortable, clean, good food, peaceful sleep and close to the airport. Thats all you want from a airport hotel. Perfect for me for a night stay. The only thing that I think could improve is that they can give free WIFI. Otherwise perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West? Share your experiences!