“Terrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Attica Avenue 40.2 km | between exits 17 & 18, Paiania 19002, Greece   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Paiania
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have stayed at this standard airport hotel many times when traveling to Greece. This year I had the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I went to bed early since I had to get up at 4am for my flight. Around midnight I was abruptly awakened by very loud, vibrating disco music. After enduring this for half an hour I called the front desk and they said the music would stop immediately. This did not happen so I went to the lobby and discovered a party with blasting music. Management said they would stop it but it never happened. Many other guests were also in the lobby complaining. Needless to say I got no sleep. Since I also speak Greek I heard the staff staying that they could stop the party since they had paid for the room and band! All the while they were telling the guests that the music would stop. I asked management for a discount the next morning to no avail. This was not the end of this nightmare. A few days after arriving home I broke out into what appeared to be a rash with very painful itching which lasted over a week. After research, I discovered that this was due to bed bugs! I called the hotel, since it was the only hotel I had stayed while in Greece and the manager refused to talk to me. After many phone calls I gave up. I know bedbugs can happen in a hotel, but I expect management to acknowledge and address the issue. I have never experienced such poor customer service and total lack of concern for the guests staying at the hotel. Never again!

Room Tip: Make sure there's no bed bugs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear tidewatercapecod,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
South Shields
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The standard fare and the standard Holiday Inn quality. Comfortable, clean, good food, peaceful sleep and close to the airport. Thats all you want from a airport hotel. Perfect for me for a night stay. The only thing that I think could improve is that they can give free WIFI. Otherwise perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Large clean just off the motorway to the airport. This is very convenient with a free shuttle bus to the airport every half hour. Rooms are medium sized, very clean and comfortable. Wifi costs and if you ask they will give an extra login for a second unit at no extra cost. We didn't have breakfast as the cost was rather steep € 17 each so we had something at the airport for a fraction of the cost.
Would I stay there again....yes as a convenient stop off for the airport this works well but only for that purpose. Not a long stay proposition.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Haarlem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Because I missed my connecting flight fron 7.45 pm to Heraklion - my fault: right time, wrong gate - my first inclination was to cross the street and book a room at the Sofitel. But a helpful Aegean employee advised me to get on the local shuttle bus to Athens for a fifteen minute ride to the nearby Holiday Inn, which would save me a lot of money. ( She could have told me about the hotel's free shuttle service, but she didn't, so I got on the bus.)

So I only stayed one (short) night at the Holiday Inn and there's really nothing to complain about: staff was very friendly, rooms are spatious and clean, breakfast tasted fine (specially for someone who never eats beakfast) and yes, at 6.30 the next morning the shuttle service was waiting outside the entrance and brought us in 10 minutes back to the airport.

I know where I'll stay the next time I miss a flight in Athens.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel location is out of the Airport (10-15 min drive) if you take a taxi make sure you negotiate the price before, the shuttle time table is in the picture i have attached.
the hotel is nice, big and looks new. internet is good (9eur a day) and will allow only 1 device! how ever got a solution for that from the reception,
the room is big and clean, the TV is an old one and small.
breakfast is very good, big variety.
also there is a small Gym, the big issue with the Gym is that there is no water for drink, you need to get your own, never had this any other place.
there is a gas station by the hotel, you can buy there water and small things to eat.
nothing to do in the hotel area, is an industrial area, you have to take a taxi or bus to the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glossa, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Holiday Inn is the only place near Athens Airport apart from the on-site Sofitel which is quite a bit more expensive. Comfort was good, particularly the beds, but there were a couple of niggles. First, they charged 10 euros per day for internet access. This seems ridiculous, when practically every little taverna in the tiny Greek village where I live has free internet access. Then to top it off they wanted to charge another 6 euros for a 'second' device. We had a double room, occupied by myself and my husband. I wonder which of us they assumed had a computer? The room was also very hot and there was no way to turn the air conditioning below about 28 degrees - not exactly sleeping temperature. Would not recommend, except if you have to stay near the airport there isn't much choice at the moment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Paiania hotels

Quebradillas, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed there the night before a flight to the UK. The dining room is really a fast food court as the food comes out just a few minutes after you have ordered it! It just has to be par cooked before hand! The rooms are great, which is the redeeming feature. The bar charges are horrendous. I have been to some pricey joints but this one beats the lot. The food service is strange. It's the only place I have been to where the food and the cheque comes to you at the same time! Very strange!! If it wasn't for the food/bar issues, I would have rated this hotel at a 5, but I am sorry that's not to be!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West? Share your experiences!