I have stayed at this standard airport hotel many times when traveling to Greece. This year I had the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I went to bed early since I had to get up at 4am for my flight. Around midnight I was abruptly awakened by very loud, vibrating disco music. After enduring this for half an hour I called the front desk and they said the music would stop immediately. This did not happen so I went to the lobby and discovered a party with blasting music. Management said they would stop it but it never happened. Many other guests were also in the lobby complaining. Needless to say I got no sleep. Since I also speak Greek I heard the staff staying that they could stop the party since they had paid for the room and band! All the while they were telling the guests that the music would stop. I asked management for a discount the next morning to no avail. This was not the end of this nightmare. A few days after arriving home I broke out into what appeared to be a rash with very painful itching which lasted over a week. After research, I discovered that this was due to bed bugs! I called the hotel, since it was the only hotel I had stayed while in Greece and the manager refused to talk to me. After many phone calls I gave up. I know bedbugs can happen in a hotel, but I expect management to acknowledge and address the issue. I have never experienced such poor customer service and total lack of concern for the guests staying at the hotel. Never again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOLIDAY INN ATTICA AVENUE, is the new 5 star hotel, built on Attica Avenue, the upcoming business area of Athens. It is only 8 min. from EL. Venizelos International airport (shuttle bus service on specific timetable) and from the National Highways (8min. from the OTE Building on KIFISSIAS AVE), and just 1,5km away from the suburban train. With its 180 standard rooms, 11 executive rooms and 3 suites, fitted with the latest equipment (high speed internet access), it proves to be a valuable tool to the corporate traveler.The hotel is well equipped (wireless connectivity) for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with six flexible function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 200 guests. Facilities and services include a fully equipped 24-hour Internet Center, with complimentary use for half hour per day. The RUBY Restaurant and GOLDEN Bar are offering a friendly atmosphere and ultimate relaxation to guests that wish to combine pleasure and work as well as to stop-over guests that wish to avoid staying in a noisy airport. The health center with 24-hour gym,sauna and indoor pool on complimentary use, offers the latest fitness and beauty services such as massage. All hotel amenities of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue are well described in Ram magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Athens Airport Hotel Paiania
- Holiday Inn Peania
- Peania Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West Greece