Because I missed my connecting flight fron 7.45 pm to Heraklion - my fault: right time, wrong gate - my first inclination was to cross the street and book a room at the Sofitel. But a helpful Aegean employee advised me to get on the local shuttle bus to Athens for a fifteen minute ride to the nearby Holiday Inn, which would save me a lot of money. ( She could have told me about the hotel's free shuttle service, but she didn't, so I got on the bus.)
So I only stayed one (short) night at the Holiday Inn and there's really nothing to complain about: staff was very friendly, rooms are spatious and clean, breakfast tasted fine (specially for someone who never eats beakfast) and yes, at 6.30 the next morning the shuttle service was waiting outside the entrance and brought us in 10 minutes back to the airport.
I know where I'll stay the next time I miss a flight in Athens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOLIDAY INN ATTICA AVENUE, is the new 5 star hotel, built on Attica Avenue, the upcoming business area of Athens. It is only 8 min. from EL. Venizelos International airport (shuttle bus service on specific timetable) and from the National Highways (8min. from the OTE Building on KIFISSIAS AVE), and just 1,5km away from the suburban train. With its 180 standard rooms, 11 executive rooms and 3 suites, fitted with the latest equipment (high speed internet access), it proves to be a valuable tool to the corporate traveler.The hotel is well equipped (wireless connectivity) for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with six flexible function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 200 guests. Facilities and services include a fully equipped 24-hour Internet Center, with complimentary use for half hour per day. The RUBY Restaurant and GOLDEN Bar are offering a friendly atmosphere and ultimate relaxation to guests that wish to combine pleasure and work as well as to stop-over guests that wish to avoid staying in a noisy airport. The health center with 24-hour gym,sauna and indoor pool on complimentary use, offers the latest fitness and beauty services such as massage. All hotel amenities of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue are well described in Ram magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Athens Airport Hotel Paiania
- Holiday Inn Peania
- Peania Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West Greece