The best part of this hotel is the free shuttle from the airport. It goes downhill from there. There are no signs for the shuttle but eventually I found the parking lot for the pickup. Forget about the shuttle for the return trip if you have an early flight. Instead, plan on a 30 euro taxi fare.
The wifi is pricey, even with the 50% discount I get for premium status with ICH. Yikes. My executive room had a very old CRT TV. I expect this in the Motel 6's but not for 140 euros/night.
The service in the restaurant was very slow and somewhat surly. I caused a financial crisis when I presented my free drink coupon to settle part of my bill -- two managers had to get involved. Incredible.
This Holiday Inn and the Sofitel right at the airport are missing the thrill of competing for the traveling public's affection and budget. How is it that there are only two hotels anywhere near the airport anyway? Stick it to us out-of-towners -- we only vote with our wallets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOLIDAY INN ATTICA AVENUE, is the new 5 star hotel, built on Attica Avenue, the upcoming business area of Athens. It is only 8 min. from EL. Venizelos International airport (shuttle bus service on specific timetable) and from the National Highways (8min. from the OTE Building on KIFISSIAS AVE), and just 1,5km away from the suburban train. With its 180 standard rooms, 11 executive rooms and 3 suites, fitted with the latest equipment (high speed internet access), it proves to be a valuable tool to the corporate traveler.The hotel is well equipped (wireless connectivity) for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with six flexible function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 200 guests. Facilities and services include a fully equipped 24-hour Internet Center, with complimentary use for half hour per day. The RUBY Restaurant and GOLDEN Bar are offering a friendly atmosphere and ultimate relaxation to guests that wish to combine pleasure and work as well as to stop-over guests that wish to avoid staying in a noisy airport. The health center with 24-hour gym,sauna and indoor pool on complimentary use, offers the latest fitness and beauty services such as massage. All hotel amenities of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue are well described in Ram magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Athens Airport Hotel Paiania
- Holiday Inn Peania
- Peania Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West Greece