The Holiday Inn Athens is a great location coming or going to Athens. This is not a, typical European hotel - much more American.
First, there is a shuttle bus at the airport that runs about every hour on the hour. That is a plus in itself.
The hotel is a very modern facility. The rooms are outstanding. The TV's need updating and the channel selection is sparse. Most of the hotels we stayed at while in Greece had a better offering. The bathrooms are spacious and a delight to use.
Free in room internet is not available. This is always a sore point with me. Holiday Inn Express properties offer free internet and free breakfast and cost less with not much discernible room difference. At check.in you can request a code and use the computers in their business center. We were told our tablets would not work but we entered the codes and were able to get on the internet wirelessly and use our own devices.
Stay away from the mini-bar. A can of coke will set you back 5 € (about $6.50).
Right outside the front door is a service station with a mini-mart where you can purchase sodas and deli sandwiches. Very handy.
Would definitely stay again .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOLIDAY INN ATTICA AVENUE, is the new 5 star hotel, built on Attica Avenue, the upcoming business area of Athens. It is only 8 min. from EL. Venizelos International airport (shuttle bus service on specific timetable) and from the National Highways (8min. from the OTE Building on KIFISSIAS AVE), and just 1,5km away from the suburban train. With its 180 standard rooms, 11 executive rooms and 3 suites, fitted with the latest equipment (high speed internet access), it proves to be a valuable tool to the corporate traveler.The hotel is well equipped (wireless connectivity) for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with six flexible function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 200 guests. Facilities and services include a fully equipped 24-hour Internet Center, with complimentary use for half hour per day. The RUBY Restaurant and GOLDEN Bar are offering a friendly atmosphere and ultimate relaxation to guests that wish to combine pleasure and work as well as to stop-over guests that wish to avoid staying in a noisy airport. The health center with 24-hour gym,sauna and indoor pool on complimentary use, offers the latest fitness and beauty services such as massage. All hotel amenities of Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue are well described in Ram magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Athens Airport Hotel Paiania
- Holiday Inn Peania
- Peania Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Athens Attica Avenue Airport West Greece