“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Glyfada
Amman, Jordan
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Very nice staff and good location only meters from station where you can go every where breakfast was good but not like the famously Greek breakfast . Would like if we had coffee machine in the room,rooms nice would like to come back

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Thessaloniki, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel has a strategic location if you have a car to discover the southrn part of Attica.
Rooms are big enough.
Very good value for money.. Brekfast quality is on the low as for food varaety is O.K.
You also can use from there the tram..

Room Tip: Chose a high level room.and side to be quieter. Ask for double bed room and not with two sigle beds.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights but could have easily stayed for a week and had a city adventure in Athens itself and a beach holiday if so inclined. Beach size varies depending where you are prepared to walk to or catch tram to - Eden is about 25min on tram
Hotel had great wi-fi connection and is ideal for pool or beach or days in Athens as tram stops 75metres away and costs just 1.20 euros, takes 40-50mins depending where you decide to get off

Room, for me, overlooked the pool area - there was some buzz from the traffic at night but it didnt disturb me - nice balcony. Room itself was lovely with flat screen TV and several channels.

Toileteries provided and staff helpful if we required any info/help. Towels changed daily if required.

Breakfast was really good with mix of cold meats,cereals,yogurts,salads,pastries; coffee/tea brought to the table (if you like strong coffee then you need to take some sachets to bring coffee up to strength) didnt eat in restaurant at night as out til late - meal 10euro for 3 courses but no choice of dessert which is I believe the norm when a set meal

Will stay here again - I think there is a gym available too for fitness people

Room Tip: Face the pool area (although may be noisier from road but is a constant hum not stop/start)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Keighley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here whilst visiting Athens for a few days, hotel was easily reached by car from the airport. The X96 airport bus also stops outside the hotel. For access into Athens the tram stop in about 75 metres from the hotel across a busy main road. Journey time into Athens is about 40 to 50 minutes and costs at the time of writing, €1.20 for a single journey. This is a bargain as other items such as food and drink (apart from bottled water) are not cheap in Greece and Athens compared to other European countries.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and the beige decor in our room was very calming. The rooms have a large screen TV which has international channels, for English speaking readers this includes BBC World, Sky News and CNN. There is a fridge in the rooms too which is great fir keeping your drinks cool. Toiletries are complimentary. Tea and coffee making facilities are on request.

Breakfast was of a European mix such as pastries, cold meats, boiled eggs, cheese and ham, yogurt, bread rolls, croissants etc.Thefe was warm food such as scrambled egg, mushrooms and small hot dog type sausages. As it is buffet style you can help yourself to as much as you want. Coffee is brought to your table by the waiter.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke English too. Good range of free maps of Athens in the hotel reception that included places to eat, transportation maps and general maps on Athens. Staff were polite, well presented.

We did not eat in the hotel restaurant at night as out in Athens all day but they do a set 3 course menu for €10.00 without drinks.

The centre of Glyfada is about 1.5 kilometres away, good choice of restaurants there and shops too.

The next time we return to Athens this hotel would be my choice of hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
DIMITRIS1956, Γενικός Διευθυντής at BEST WESTERN Hotel Fenix, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear KeighleyJetsetter ,
Please accept a huge thank you from all of us here at the Best Western Fenix Hotel . We were so happy to hear you the positive comments about our breakfast items, the facilities in guest rooms and you had such a good experience .
THANK YOU for choosing to return to our hotel.
It is always a great pleasure to welcome back and assist as best we can our return guests. It gives us great satisfaction!
Kind regards

D. Papastergiou (Mr)
Wageningen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We organized a roadshow for our Greek customers the second time in this great Hotel. This because of the good prices but more important the great service of all the staff. They are very flexible and helpfull with all you need.

The location is great as well to enjoy the sea and nightlife of Glafyda.

I recommend this hotel for both business and holidays.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DIMITRIS1956, Διευθυντής at BEST WESTERN Hotel Fenix, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Arald K ,
It is always a pleasure to receive such positive comments for BEST WESTERN FENIX and my staff . I sincerely hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon,
Truly yours
Manager
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Best Western in Glyfada is a 3 stars hotel, at least. It was a time in Greece when the region of Piraeus, Glyfada and others were luxurious and expensive areas. Right now, because of the economic crises in the entire world but more expressed in Greece remain a little bit outside of the wanted areas. It is not far away from the city center. The hotel itself is just OK for several nights. It is not a luxury one but also the prices are not exorbitant. The wireless it is OK (you need to take an username and a password from the reception but without extra charge), the food is tasty and pleasant both for the breakfast but also as a simple restaurant. The staff is helpful and friendly. Being not quite a new hotel sure that, like all the hotels, the air of decoration and furniture outdated may appear, but on the other hand the ratio price quality I think that it is reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

In my opinion this place was no cleaner or better than the cheap hostels I've stayed in through out Europe.The wifi at the hotel had poor connection. The room was tiny and carpets stained. I requested two beds so they put two mattresses on one bed frame, it's a joke, our safe didn't work, everyday it was something else going wrong. In order to keep the air conditioning or lights on you had to put your key card in a little slot by the door, and even with it in after a certain amount of time it would shut off. So if you want to come back to nice cool air conditioned room after a day out, forget about it!

Originally we booked over a weeks stay through Expedia but when we saw how dirty and disgusting the room was we wanted to get out. I paid an extra fee for free cancellation the fee was added to each daily rate. Well apparently once you check in you can't cancel the rest of your stay which was not made clear to me when I booked the trip. So I talked to one of the receptionists and the manager letting them know that I was unhappy with the hotel and I wanted to cancel the rest of the stay. I was told by the manager that they couldn't refund my money because I paid through Expedia so I would have to contact Expedia about getting a refund.
Well I used up an expensive prepaid travel phone calling Expedia because I was so desperate to get out. When I called Expedia they were willing to work with me but they had to call the hotel on their end to verify everything and when they tried to, they told me that the hotel refused to refund our money. So basically the hotel manager told me it was out of his hands but he was lying because it was very much in his control.
I then had all of my family members back home continuously calling and complaining to Expedia because I used up my travel phone and my cell would have charged outrageous charges for the international call.
Finally the manager approached me and told me that I would be allowed to leave and be refunded for the rest of my stay. He even offered the hotel phone to call Expedia.

While on the phone with Expedia I wanted to make sure that we still paid for a couple of extra charges (for instance: we used our room phone a couple times and I think we had breakfast one day) because I wasn't trying to get a refund for any services or days we used only for the unused stay. Suddenly the hotel manager started yelling and screaming at me telling me to hang up the phone telling me that my phone call was going to cost the hotel a lot of money (another lie because it was a land line and for landlines in Greece you pay one fee for long distance phone service you don't pay by individual phone call). Even the customer service rep from Expedia on the phone could hear the manager freaking out and told me he was try to expedite the refund but to just hold on for one minute while they enter everything. So I had to try and explain and reason with the manager who was demanding that I immediately hang up the phone (why did you offer the phone in the first place?)
Maybe the manager misunderstood me when I was trying to make sure Expedia was only refunding for the unused nights (his English was not the best)... It really doesn't matter because his behavior was beyond unprofessional. It's one thing if a member of the hotel staff had been a little rude but he's in a managerial position, no wonder the hotel was practically empty. By the way the manager was a middle aged man and he was yelling at me, a 22 year old girl with my grandmother.

Thank goodness I escaped this place... Beware those of you considering staying here the hotel is dirty and dated and the manager is incompetent, unprofessional, and rude!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DIMITRIS1956, Γενικός Διευθυντής at BEST WESTERN Hotel Fenix, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Ashley N,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your detailed comments on Trip Advisor , nine months after your stay at the BW Fenix Hotel.
We very much regret that your stay did not meet with your satisfaction .I would like to clarify the following points which may have been misleading to the readers :
Originally you booked your stay for 11 nights at our hotel through Expedia.com. After 3 nights of staying in our hotel you informed our head receptionist that you wanted to leave our hotel due to the fact that the hotel was not to your liking. We even offered to upgrade you to another room at no extra cost. Nevertheless, you refused and decided to leave our hotel. Because of the fact that on that day there were many arrivals and departures, I asked you to use the managerial landline to better serve your needs. Together we started to contact Expedia.com (whose representatives are abroad) via phone. This was done with you, in order to ensure that you did not incur any additional costs for the nights which you were not going to be staying in the hotel. The BW Fenix refunded all the money for all the remaining nights which you did not stay to Expedia.com. On the same day you received an email from Expedia before midday, informing you that the remaining money would be refunded to you. From our side we tried our best to make sure you were treated fairly , as Expedia.com would not have given you a refund, unless we had agreed to it, as this is their policy. This was done in a very professional and efficient way.
You consequently left our hotel, thanked us and even wrote us a letter expressing your satisfaction with the way you were treated.
Therefore your post on Trip Advisor, 9 months after your stay came as a surprise to all the hotel staff. Sincerely . General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Fenix? Share your experiences!