Depending on the traveler's needs, this can be an excellent choice. First, it's the ONLY hotel at the Athens airport. Directly across the street from the terminal. All other 'airport' hotels are a cab ride away. It is a very pretty property, rooms well appointed and clean. Nice restaurant/bar area. It is a 3 minute walk to the light rail station, about 25-30 minutes into town, fare is 8 euros. We received a very competitive internet rate when we booked, but book early. The staff was very attentive and polite, speaking excellent English. This is nothing to say that this is not a first class hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sofitel Athens Airport is located opposite the Athens International Airport, 10 km from museums, 35 minutes from Athens city center, and adjacent to the Attica Road junction for quick and easy access to any part of Athens. Enjoy a unique experience of both convenience and five-star luxury, in a blend of warm hospitality, modern surroundings, impeccable service and the latest technology. Gourmet restaurant, 24-hour food service, 2 bars and numerous facilities for both business and leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Athens Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel Spata
- Accor Athens Airport
- Athens Sofitel
- Sofitel Athens Airport Greece/Spata