“Thin walls” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 N. Central Expwy., McKinney, TX 75069 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in McKinney
“Thin walls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nice staff and room. It was clean and comfortable, but the walls were very thin. Even though we arrived late (1:30), there were still people yelling outside our room until around 3am (Saturday night).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Joplin, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was a transient hotel on our way home. Far enough outside Dallas to be away from the traffis and noise. It turned out to be really comfortable! Staff was very pleasant to deal with, breakfast was pretty good (albeit standard fare), and rooms were very clean. Several places to eat within easy walking distance. Overall, it is a recommended place to stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rogers, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

While on a layover in Denver, I called and reserved a room at this motel because we were to land in Dallas around 6 p.m. and we wanted to get out of the busy area and stay somewhere that was on the way home which is a 6 hour drive. I actually called to get the Comfort Inn but they messed up and put us here by mistake. This motel is located just off of I-75 North and you can see it from the Interstate, it's just at the end of the exit. Perfect for a night's sleep while traveling. Despite a few hitches trying to get in a room, we did stay and I must say, the front desk staff is so friendly and helpful with anything you ask for. They've done renovations on the rooms and they have made them quite nice. Flat screen tv's, nice comfy (really comfy!) beds, paint jobs, new fixtures, new carpet....our room smelled new! The guy at the front desk when we got there, I think his name was Daniel and he was just as helpful as could be...he even offered to help us carry luggage upstairs (there is no elevator). We got up there and the door was wide open and come to find out, the maintenance staff had left the door open by accident after they had done some work in there. Daniel put us in a different room that was downstairs close to the office. He told us what room and he met us there with the key cards. He apologized and took $10 off of our room rate for the inconvenience. It is located right next to a bar/club and if you go outside you can hear the band playing pretty loud but in our room we could not hear it and we slept well. I think the rate for our room after he took the $10 off was like $68, tax included. We woke up the next morning and like I said, I-75 is just right there so we checked out and away we went. This was our first time at this motel but after reading reviews I knew before we got there that it was newly renovated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Farmersville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at this location in early August while I was waiting on the AC unit at my home to be replaced. I booked online and they had my keys waiting on me when I arrived. The girl at the front desk was very nice! The room was cool and though this building is somewhat old the room was really clean. The bed was comfortable and the tv was good. I'm usually not a fan of the room door opening direcly outside but I felt safe at this location.

Room Tip: I would request not to stay in the rooms on the North side side of hotel because there is a busy bar...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We pulled in pretty late at the end of June 2012. The front desk staff was helpful and considerate, giving us the directions to the easiest access point to our room. There was a pretty active bar next door to the building, but we didn't hear a SOUND in our room! The rooms appeared nicely updated, only problem was the air conditioner wasn't on at our arrival (and it's been DAYS of over 100 degrees) but as soon as we kicked it on, it cooled right down! We were on the inner courtyard, on first floor and there were no distractions or noise. Breakfast was a great perk and we would stay here again. It's an older hotel but the appointments were newer and the staff friendly.

Room Tip: We liked having the inner courtyard, probably helped with the possible exterior noise
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great hotel with nice staff and best beds. Nice pool and nice rooms as per value. I would like stay here again whenever I am in town. Would recommend to all my family and friends. Easy to find from exit. Right off of highway 75.

Room Tip: Reserve the room. Nice firm bed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Griffin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Rooms are spacious with couch, table, large refrigerator,micro-wave
and long bathroom vanity area. Nicely furnished.Hot breakfast includes
waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, gravy, boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, cereal
toast, juice, etc. Price is very reasonable, Staff very helpful and friendly.
Highly recommend.Has two large conferenace rooms is needed for
business meetings. Two restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: Request a room on opposite side from Hanks Bar & Grill due to weekend noise from band. It'...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!