“Nice room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in McKinney
Eagle River, Wi
“Nice room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and the decor. We had just come from the McKinney Inn down the street and had gotten a refund because the room they offered us was
filthy and stunk. I was hoping the Americas Best Value Inn would be better and it was. We will probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Room service and restaurant not available.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

King room was clean and comfortable. The bed was offset to the double-lights on the wall, which were positioned for a two-queen room, not a king, so the lighting was odd. But the room was clean, bedding was fresh. The window AC/heater was unusually quiet for a hotel room unit. On the downside: Only one bath towel and it was pretty flimsy, and the fan in the commode/shower room was very noisy like it was about to go out. Fridge was a good size for a hotel room but microwave was tiny. There was no safety latch on the door - just a deadbolt. I consider that a big safety drawback. The tiny office was closed when we checked in late, so I had to stand outside in chill air while being checked in at a service window facing the driveway. Check-in took a long time, and the clerk was not very proficient in English pronunciation and was hard to understand, so I am downgrading the service to poor. Overall, average rating, especially considering the price. I've stayed in worse budget hotels. The management seems to care about the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lake Charles,LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

When they say value inn they aren't kidding .This hotel was by far the worst hotel that I have ever stayed at. When I entered the bathroom a long blond hair caught my attention . I literally had to get down and scrub the bathtub. When I came out to turn the air off I saw a roach come out of the cover. I went over to my bed to lie down and it came to my attention that there was some sort of brown gunk on my pillow. I turned to see if there was anything else with the suite ,and there was no closet. The closest thing to it was a small rack on the wall. I will never stay at another Best Value Inn and Suites again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ABVI-McKINNEY, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - McKinney, responded to this review, December 13, 2009
I am truly sorry you had a bad experience at our hotel in the past. We hold ourselves to the highest standards in terms of cleanliness and great customer service. We are disappointed that we did not achieve this during your stay. I must say though, we check our rooms daily now to make sure all rooms are thoroughly clean. We also have remodeled the rooms and I hope you and future guests will come and see the great changes.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - McKinney? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn - McKinney

Address: 205 West University Drive, McKinney, TX 75069
Location: United States > Texas > McKinney
Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in McKinney
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Americas Best Value Inn - McKinney 1.5*
This two story property is managed by a experienced staff that provides its guests with clean rooms at a great value. We are located on highway 380, just 1 mile east of highway 75. While we do not have a restaurant on site, there are many nearby within walking distance or short driving. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Priceline, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - McKinney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Americas Best Value Inn - McKinney, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;