“Great food; HORRIBLE service!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 242 Restaurants in McKinney
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Great food; HORRIBLE service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My friend and I decided to wake up early and go for breakfast at Snug. We've eaten there before and enjoyed the food. We ordered our food at 9:45 am. My food came out fairly quickly, about 15 minutes after the order was placed. However, my friend's food did not come out with mine. I finished my breakfast and by 10:30am his food has still not arrived. He approached the cashier and she said it was not ready. He asked for a refund, as we had to leave so that I could get to work. As we were walking out the door a lady walked over to us with a plate of food and asked if it was ours. My friend said it was, but told her he had gotten a refund because it took too long. She said, " I am the owner and the food is ready now, so do you want to give me my money back and take the food you ordered?" :0 He told her he did not want it and she sat the plate down and said "I'm leaving it here. You figure out what you want to do." Wow! That's all I can say. She was snotty and rude, not to mention the restaurant was so hot you could hardly stand to sit inside. The food is great, but the service is the worst I've had in a while. We will never go back. The irony is that I wanted to go to Cracker Barrel and my friend insisted on Snug. She ran off two customers with her horrible attitude all over an overpriced omelette and waffle. P.S. How long does it take to cook eggs and waffles? Obviously OVER 45 minutes at Snug!

Visited August 2013

Mansfield, Texas
“Great food and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Decided to skip the "free" breakfast on day two of our girls weekend. We split the bacon egg and cheesey sandwhich. It was wonderful and plenty of food. The atmosphere itself was so fun and inviting. I see way they have all the great reviews. They get our vote.

Houston,TX
“Snug on the McKinney Square is a gem!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ate at Snug on the Square in McKinney, TX on Saturday, August 10th for breakfast. Very nice location on the city square in the small town of McKinney, TX. Arrived at about 9:30 a.m. with no line and a few tables available. Ordered the combination of omelet and waffle with blue berries. Amazing! Highly recommend. The coffee served was equally as good. The staff and attendants were super friendly and helpful with suggestions.

Menu had many choices of pastries, omelets, breakfast sandwich and waffles with fruit.

Next time you are in McKinney, TX, you need to stop by.

“Delicious Breakfast Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Small restaurant with a nice menu for coffee, breakfast, fresh fruit and sandwiches. Service was very friendly, but a little bit slow for the number of customers at the time. Had a breakfast sandwich and hot chocolate - both very good. I'll be back:)

“Loved It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Great place for coffee and breakfast sandwiches. Super friendly and accomidating staff. Went there twice on the weekend trip.