“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in McKinney
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our family got together in McKinney and stayed at the Best Western. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff at the desk was extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good as well. We will certainly consider staying here again. Road construction on Hwy 75 is a problem, we avoided that for the most part.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I will admit I was somewhat hesitant to stay here after reading some of the reviews, but since this was a priceline express deals purchase, I was kind of stuck. It turned out to be a pleasant five night stay.

The hotel is somewhat hard to find. It is hidden behind a Golden Coral and Whataburger. Take 75 Northbound and exit 40A. Follow the service road and you will see the BW sign from a distance. The hotel is set back from the highway and for me that's a plus because you don't hear all the highway noise. Several gas stations, a CVS, Big Lots all within walking distance. Easy access to 75 but there is alot of construction on the service road and the main road around the hotel.

Check in was quick and simple and the man who checked us in was very friendly and pleasant. Our room on the second floor was immaculate. It was spotless. Bathroom was spotless as well. No hair or other residue was found in the bathroom. Towels were very clean, sheets were white and not spots or stains on the carpet or bedding. Very, very clean. Room had microwave, fridge, and coffemaker with coffee packets. Everything was clean and in working order. Bed was too hard for my taste but that's a personal preference. Pillows were too soft and need to be replaced. Blankets were clean and stain free. Wi fi was iffy at best. That was my only issue with the hotel. It never really worked the five nights i was there. It didn't matter where you moved to in the room; it never worked. I did complain to the front desk and she offered to move us, but I didn't want to repack everything so I just used my android phone as a wi fi hot spot to get internet service. Room was quiet and the a/c worked very well. No noise and stayed on all night. Overall, happy with the room.

The breakfast was ok and we only ate there 2 mornings. Waffles, fruit, eggs, sausage, premade omlettes, pasteries, coffee and juice. It wasn't horrible, just bland and high in carbs. We ate at McDonald's down the road one morning and Golden Coral another morning. And you can't take food back to your room either. My son wanted to take a banana with him and the the woman working the breakfast area stopped him and wouldn't let him take it.

There is a pool but we didn't use it and there is a small fitness center as well. Laundry room as well.

The ground of the hotel were clean and I was able to get a close parking spot every night. The trash can by the front door stayed full and overflowing for two days before someone finally threw it out. A little off putting and not a good first impression of the hotel, in my opinion.

Allen is three exits back (exit 37) with tons of shopping (outlet mall) and restaurants.

This location worked well for me since just about everything I had planned on doing was up and down 75 so it was just a short drive to Dallas, Northpark Center and downtown. About a 30 min drive (depending or traffic) to Dallas attractions.

They will put a hold on your CC at checkin for incidentals. Parking is free. Overall, our stay was pleasant and we had no issues. I would stay again if I needed a hotel in that part of town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LIVONIA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This stay at this Best Western in Mckinney was not one of my better stays.
When arriving at the hotel, if not for my GPS I would have pass right on by. After arriving I was greeted by a person with a mouth full of food. Gave me bad information concerning breakfast, I could go on. I just want to make a long story short. Just Pass on by this Best Western!

Room Tip: Just Pass on By..........................
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mart, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Myself and a co-worked booked this hotel last minute due to being subpeonaed for a court hearing regarding gov't business. At 2:00pm the day before we were to be in court, court was rescheduled. We called the hotel to explain the situation and gave them documentation of the hearing change. This hotel was supposed to be an approved hotel for state employees. However, they down right refused to cancel the reservation because it was not prior to the 24 hour time frame. I had a reciept emailed to me that was very unclear about the cancelation policy and stated you could call prior to 4pm (not prior to 4 pm 24 hours before). The staff on the phone also did not inform me of the 24 hour cancelation policy. I will not recommend staying at this hotel as the owner does not know how to conduct business. Our agency will not be doing business with this hotel anymore and we will be petitioning them to be taken off the Texas State Comptroller's website as an approved gov't agency hotel to conduct business with.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Located conveniently for the McKinney area this hotel had clean rooms, a decent breakfast and very attentive, helpful staff. A decent value. Some stores within walking distance. Well lit parking area. Pool looked clean, but did not use it.

Room Tip: Took a room on the top floor away from elevators and ice machine. Very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS McKinney Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!