“Petra is awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
McKinney, Texas
“Petra is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Petra has become our favorite mexican restaurant - the food is so fresh and great tasting. My favorites are the fish tacos and the carnitas. The offer a daily special which includes a beverage so it's a really great deal. The tortilla soup is so good and chock full of chicken. The service is excellent and the people who work there are so nice. We just love it!

• Visited May 2012

88% Recommend
Texas, United States
“We LOVE Petra's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

My husband and I LOVE petra's. My all time favorite is the Flautas Rancheros. Yummy! And my husband loves the Mancha Manteles. We go there all the time for lunch or dinner. The strawberry lemonade and chips and salsa are amazing.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“This place is quite a surprise, so fresh and so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I had the pick 2 tacos. One was the spicy chicken (can't remember the exact name) and the grilled fish taco. They were so good, served on corn tortillas with a mexican slaw. It also
came with a choice of sides. I ordered the side salad and the roasted pasta. The pasta had some much flavor. It was angel hair pasta in a tomato broth. The flavor was outstanding! My friend had the veggie taco and could not stop talking about the flavor and how good it tasted. The gentlemen that took or order was very helpful and the staff were friendly. I will definitely go back again and again!

Paris, Texas
“When the chips are down...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Very fresh, very tasty, good sauces. Very fast and friendly service. We were pleased with everything EXCEPT the chips. These tasted like the cheapest store brand chips. It's hard to enjoy good salsa and good queso with a bad chip.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“Our Favorite Restaurant - period”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I have been eating at Petra for four years. We have seen an ownership change. A decor change. Staff change. The addition of a dining patio. There is one constant - the food is absolutely incredible. Never have we experienced an "off" night. How often to we eat here? Probably at least 3 times a month. Everyone that we take to Petra falls in love with this restaurant. The service is great. Our favorite dishes: Mexicano Shrimp tacos served on corn tortillas and Beef Tenderloin tacos served on flour tortillas.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere