“Solid pizzeria, no nonsense, and great for people who don't like the chain pizzerias.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Durkin's Pizza

Ranked #9 of 242 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Pizza
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Solid good pizzas, family owned and run by a couple of brothers as I recall. Atmosphere is strictly strip center chic, but great family place and the food is good. Service is good, they work their butts off.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Plano, Texas
“Michael Durkin - respectable restauranteur”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

The time has come for MD to reap the benefits of his hard work. He is not a guy that decided to open a pizza place. He knows his BUSINESS. I am more than happy to get a pizza from him and avoid the chains. His place is packed yet he takes time to go around and say hey to the folks. And also, his pizza is amazing, some kind of garlic sauce that is wonderful.
I went twice this week :)

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
McKinney, Texas
“Durkin's is a neighborhood find where people and pizza are priority #1.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011 via mobile

Durkin pizza is exceptional. Spaghetti is favorite combined with cheesy bread.

DURKIN's is place we have felt welcome from the day we walked in.

Much respect for a man who takes the time to know his customers.

Pizza must.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Horrible Pizza”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We read positive reviews on Google, so we decided to give this a try this place a quick take-out for dinner yesterday. BIG MISTAKE!!! It was not fresh at all. It tastes like someone's leftover cheese pizza from the freezer with some toppings on it. The dough is tough and way too chewy. The dough has absolutely no salt, the bottom of the pizza is burned and we did not taste enough marinara sauce. The pizza is topped by thick rubbery textured mozzarella cheese with dehydrated parsley sprinkled over it. Pepperoni and olive did not add enough salt and flavor to this super bland pizza. Only way we made it edible was to put dashes of Tabasco sauce to mask the lack of flavor. Even then, we could not finish it.... If I say Domino's Pizza would have tasted 100 times better, I think you get my point. Don't go there unless you want to taste how bad a pizza can taste.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
michael8930, Owner at Durkin's Pizza, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Passionate about Pizza,
I have had several days to absorb your review and your subsequent comments and I will continue to implore you to give us another chance, or at the very least allow me to refund the full amount of your purchase. It is not an exaggeration to say that this has been on my mind relentlessly for the last couple of days and I'm unable to shake the stinging nature of your words. I simply feel that your experience was not anything close to what we are capable of, and for that I can't apologize enough. Again, please contact me on my cell phone at (214)850-9823 or via email, michael@durkinspizza.com so I can make the proper arrangements.

Thank you again for at least giving us a chance, and for reading this message.
Michael Durkin
Margate, Florida
“Best Pizza in McKinney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Great place we go to the one near Custer frequently. Service is always friendly and you can tell they actually ENJOY running a pizza joint! Great rock music and TX bottle beers.

• Visited August 2011