“Best Bed & Breakfast in Northern Texas” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in McKinney
Virginia Rose Inn
Save Saved
You added Virginia Rose Inn to your Saves list
504 West Virginia Street, McKinney, TX 75069   |
Ranked #4 of 7 McKinney B&B and Inns
Utopia, Texas
“Best Bed & Breakfast in Northern Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

We were sooooo lucky to have been able to get a room at the Virginia Rose Inn B&B
on THANKSGIVING!!! What a beautiful home it is, too. Sue and Jim welcomed us into their home.........and we felt like family, instead of just overnight guests. Our room was so nicely decorated and the bed was so comfortable. The finishing touches and one of the best parts (besides meeting folks from other states)...........was the morning gourmet breakfast---coffee, juice, fresh fruit.........sausage w/pecan glazed bread pudding.
OH MY!!!! Superb attention to detail..........beautifully set dining table.......very, very nice!!

Have told so many of our friends just how enjoyable our stay was.........You'll love it!

Gary & Linda
Utopia, Texas

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Families
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

It's been almost a year since I stayed at the Virginia Rose Inn, but this B&B made such a lasting impression that we have already booked a return stay for our anniversary.

I booked this B&B for our wedding night last year. I am really picky about accomodations, especially with B&Bs which can sometimes be tacky or in a poor location. I had high hopes for this place, and wasn't disappointed - the Virginia Rose Inn had none of those problems whatsoever, and I was really touched by the kindness and personalized service of the innkeepers. When we arrived, I discovered they'd left a card for us in the room, congratulating us on our marriage, which was really sweet. They also helped me with having a few special little extras waiting for us in the room - chocolate covered strawberries and roses. They truly provided the perfect balance of being friendly without being overbearing. Though we are not the types to do this, I got the impression that if you are someone who likes to make friends with the innkeepers, they were very easy to talk to.

The Tranquility Suite was pretty, cozy, and in good repair. We were exhausted from the day's activities, so it was a wonderfully quiet respite for us. The location was an easy walking distance from the main downtown area, so we were able to just park the car and walk down the street for dinner and a carriage ride.

To top everything off, I am a huge fan of breakfast in bed, so I was very excited that they offered the option of having breakfast in the room. Breakfast was delicious and especially appreciated by me since I could enjoy it in my jammies. I am really looking forward to visiting this place again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Morrison, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

I have stayed at many hotels in the area and none compare to the service I received from Jim and Sue at Virginia Rose. I stayed for a week, arriving late on Sunday night. Jim waited up to greet me at the door and did not appear to be inconvenienced at all by my late arrival. Because I left early every morning for work, I opted not to do the breakfast offered. Instead, Jim got up early each morning to make sure I had coffee and left out some homemade bread, yogurt, fruit, granola bars, etc. The owners were both very pleasant and really seemed like they would go out of their way to honor any requests their guests would have. This was my first stay at a bed and breakfast and I was a little nervous that it would be a bit intrusive. This was not the case at all. Jim and Sue are available if you need them or if you just want time to yourself it was no problem. The location was great for walking to restaurants in the historic downtown area. I especially liked burger square (I think that's what it was called) for a quick casual dinner. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My wife and I live in Frisco and travelled the 15 miles down the road to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. We could not have asked for a better place to spend our time.

We arrived at 6 oclock and were greeted by Sue who gave us a guick tour and then took us to our room, Heavenly. Very warm and cozy and perfect for the two of us. Sue had even put a Happy Anniversary card on our bed. It had a private bath and a wonderful soft king sized bed. We were able to take the 3 minute walk to the Mckinney town square and eat at Ricks (amazing restaurant, but that is for another review :) then pick up a bottle of wine and sit on the patio of the B&B and enjoy the scenery.

Our breakfast was wonderful the next morning, coffee, banana bread, fresh fruit, a french toast bread pudding amazing something and sausage. It was a perfect start to the day. Unfortunately we had to check out then and we say goodbye.

I loved our time and I cannot express it enough. We have already begun to make up reason for us to go back. We will for sure be back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

A lovely old house on one of the main streets through McKinney was our home for 4 days recently. We had a main level room with a very comfortable queen bed and updated bath with a nice walk-in shower. Because the B&B is on the main street, there was quite a bit of traffic during the day, but not too much at night. But if you must have quiet to sleep, ask for a different room. It was an easy walk to anywhere in town. Because there was only one comfortable chair in our room, we used the adjoining living room for reading and hanging out (we had a couple days of bad weather). The best part was the incredible breakfast that Sue dished up. Our favorites were the souffle with ham and cheese and the delicious blueberry french toast.

There was a lovely deck on the side, but no furniture on it so you couldn't sit and enjoy the shade of the cottonwood tree (which was going crazy with fluff when we were there). The rockers on the front porch were attractive to the look of the house, but not comfortable to sit on for reading.

Sue was an extremely gregarious and solicitous host who has put together a well run, comfortable, friendly establishment. We would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a stay in that area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Immaculate, delicious, friendly, charming, relaxing, and close to attractions.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

The carriage house was the perfect setting for my girlfriend's weekend. The room was super clean and cozy with an incredibly comfortable bed. It's within walking distance (very close) to the historic McKinney Square with neat shops and restaurants. No need to worry about driving and parking. Sue served a delightful breakfast and JIm was very accomodating during check in.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Virginia Rose Inn? Share your experiences!