“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in McKinney
McKinney, Texas
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Had a great stay here recently! Check-in was professional and efficient. The room was clean and well appointed. I stayed in a standard King room and I really liked the chair with the over-sized built-in ottoman. I was also impressed with the amount of storage available, and there were plugs in just the right places, like next to the bed. The bathroom was spacious, and the full shower with seat was nice. The modern sinks were a nice touch, too. I found the bed to be comfortable, and the pillows were small, but still very usable. I didn't get to try any of the dining onsite, but there are PLENTY of restaurants literally across the street and a few blocks north. The only thing I wasn't crazy about here was the high-mounted TV that doesn't swivel if you want to watch while sitting in the chair. Looks like they expect you to watch only from the bed. But that's just a minor concern. I'm a top-level Hilton Honors member and I wish Hilton would take some cues from HI. Very well done! I'd compare this property to a Hilton Garden Inn, but even better with the furnishings and other little details.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
helmhotelsgroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites McKinney - Fairview, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you very much for the compliments. We here the Holiday Inn & Suites McKinney-Fairview pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and are very pleased that you had a nice stay with us. Unlike many of our competitors, we have gone to great lengths to make our guest room amenities first class – every room has a pillow top mattress, HD TV, refrigerator, microwave, ceiling fan and more.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

An absolute great place to stay. From arrival to departure top of the line. The beds as good as home. Very nice furnishings, towels extra nice. Probably need to consider upgrading tv's. Pool and spa very clean and peaceful. New favorite place to stay when shopping Allen Outlet Mall.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here while attending a wedding. From the moment I walked in I was greeted with professionalism. I did not h e a reservation but lucked out with one room available. Instead of charging me the highest rate, they immediately dropped it, simply because I asked for "as cheap as possible." On my way home to another part of Texas several hours away they sent me an email stating they had discovered my MacBook Pro in my room. Ahhh! I was so bummed. But thankful they had reported it and surprised they were so quick to report it. I requested that they overnight it to me and have done so without any hassle to myself. I don't normally write reviews but the service I recieved from beginning to end merited a review. I highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently attended a weekend convention at this facility and was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the nice accomodations. Never had a hotel room with a ceiling fan! Great shower!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
De Queen, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My experience with the Holiday Inn in McKinney/Fairview was FANTASTIC. The rooms were very clean, modern and inviting. The staff was great and very helpful. The bar area had a fun atmosphere with music and a great bartneder, Alex! He did an excellent job!! Breakfast buffet was top of the line with a variety of foods from a waffle iron to yogurt. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel was a great place for a conference and the staff made everything go smoothly. There was a lot to handle; 2 days of events, meetings inside, dinner, a bar and dance band outside one night, a formal dinner inside the next evening. The staff were great, the food was good and I wouldn't be surprised if even more conferences are held here. I'll sign up to attend again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
River Oaks, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here for a conference held at the hotel.....it was fabulous accomodations and food. The staff was unbelievable....went out of their way over and over to make this one of the best we have had....ever.

Jeanne Adkison
District 2E2 Lions

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites McKinney - Fairview? Share your experiences!