First of all I should say that this is a hotel that is has one of the greatest locations! Everything - and I mean, everything - is within walking distance. Eateries, Coffee shops, HEB grocery store, etc.
90% of the travelers at this hotel are from Mexico and are here to shop and visit the US. Generally a very friendly and laid-back family oriented people.
This is an older property, so the struggle to maintain it probably get's tougher.
Overall - I would want to stay here again, just not so sure even my love of the location justify's even the discounted rate I paid.
- Location which is the best.
- Staff at the front desk - most of them seem like they are there to serve you.
- Overall room cleanliness is severely lacking. The grout in the bathroom floor hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Very dirty.
- The king size bed sucked so bad I woke up with a sore back the first night. I was in Room 130, I think I remember reading this same complaint for the same room when I reviewed this hotel prior to booking?
- Breakfast is super-crowded with all of the families. Attendant was really working hard to keep up!!
- Standing water by the ice machine - not only a safety issue but a health one as well?
- Compared to most rooms that I stay in at La Quinta's (as a Returns Club Member) - the frig is a super small one. My particular fridge froze up and I lost about $25 dollars in food and beverages that either exploded or were ruined. Mentioned it to the clerk upon checking out, and she either wasn't trained in how to deal with my issue or didn't care.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, LaQuinta, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your La Quinta Inn McAllen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.