“great food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Uvalde, Texas, United States
“great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was surprised by some of the bad reviews, but maybe our time was just impeccable because I don't have anything to complain about. The menu can get pricey, but the food was very good. The menu has a galore of options whether you want to order for yourself or for multiple people so if your going in hungry you might want to stick to their special combo plate of 3 items, rice, beans and what not......it has options from enchilada, flauta, chimichanga to etc....Waitress was very attentive and helpful....she was willing to explain menu items and handle any questions I had....I'm pretty inquisitive lol....she was willing to exchange an order of ours when one of our group members wasn't satisfied with their selection......we had a large group of about 20 with several separate orders and I can't say anything bad.....they even had a girl making cotton candy giving it for free

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mission, Texas
“One of the best ones here in the Rio Grande Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I am a local and have been here many times. The food is Tex Mex,like most of the Mexican restaurants in the US, not authentic Mexican. I'll give you a hint if it has yellow cheese on it is not authentic Mexican. My favorite dish is botana zapata mixed chicken and beef faiitas, comes with quesadillas , rice and guacamole. It serves two but there is always plenty of leftovers.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Corpus Christi, Texas
“ate there all the time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

great place to eat very authenic kind of pricey though. go for the number one and it is open 24 hours

Visited April 2012
Richmond, TX
“Beef was tough, fatty and not consumeable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Love Ponchos...visit almost every time I have a MFE trip. I went in this time to order dinner to go. Medical conditions restrict my husbands consumption of food to that of liquefied nutrition. But I like to enjoy the dining experience of beverage and appetizer while waiting for my to go order. We always tip on a to go order the same as if I was there for full service. The to go order was wrapped nicely and offered extra chips and salsa. But the meat was horrible. I am surprised that a cook who works with beef and chicken for several hours day in and day out does not know when beef is full of fat with gristle making it unchewable. Perhaps because it was a "to go" order. I would hate to think that this is Ponchos new level of food quality.

Visited July 2012
Pharr, Texas
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The first time I went to this restaurant the service was bad, but the food was great. So I decided to give it another try, maybe the waitress was having a bad day. Well, we were wrong, she was still having a bad day! Now don't get me wrong, the food was great and very prompt. Drinks, eeh, not so much. We never got our refills, our extra plates not even our silverware. Very disappointed with this restaurant. I'm sorry, if you don't do your job then you don't get my tip.

• Visited March 2012