“Pretty close to a Philly original” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Texadelphia

Texadelphia
1400 Expwy 83, Suite 160, McAllen, TX, 78503, Across the Street From Costco, McAllen, TX 78503
956-467-1773
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #110 of 382 Restaurants in McAllen
Cuisines: American
“Pretty close to a Philly original”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Ok this is one of the best Philly cheesesteaks in the area. Order the Philly special large for the extra meat. Not as many cheese choices but adequate. They add the southern twist of more chili and hot sauce options. I've tried many other places and this place before and it is now better than before. I will be going back more often and asking for them to supply a good provolone cheese for my cheesesteak. Bread is good and the meat, while a bit greasy, gives it flavor and easily drips onto the tray. Don't change those. That's like a Philly cheesesteak from south Philly.

Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
“Great food, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Whenever I'm in McAllen I make it a point to visit Texadelphia, they have the best cheesesteaks in the city and we can never get anything like this in Mexico. They have all their signature cheesesteaks to choose from or you can build your own. They also have a nice light menu for those times when you feel like eating lighter. Their staff is young and friendly and you can tell they love working there. Their main thing is lunch time, but It has a great crowd and great atmosphere at night with all the TVs for watching sports when needed. Overall it's a great little sandwich spot that the Valley so desperately needed.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Padre Island, Texas
“phili cheease steaks, chips and salsa. What else?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This chain has done a good job of holding onto its original sandwiches taste. They are not the classic treats once only available right off UT campus in Austin. But they are still very legit. Long drive from south padre but I eat there every time I am in that area.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
McAllen, Texas
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

The food was bland and not as great as I expected! I make better ones at home!

San Juan, Texas
“I enjoyed my meal but my wife got sick after eating here.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

First off, I ordered their trademark philly while my wife ordered their version of a grilled chicken salad. They have an interesting selection of Philly cheesesteaks and a nice array of sides. Their service was prompt and the restaurant was really clean, however my wife's salad took a long time (I had gotten my meal first and had to wait for hers) to arrive. We enjoyed the food, but after leaving this establishment my wife became ill. I will give it another shot, but my wife unfortunately will not.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Texadelphia? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Texadelphia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.