“Dont bother” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
McAllen, Texas
“Dont bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Sorry to say, this place on downhill slide...junky atmosphere, with annoying tv in your face; not very clean. Asked waitress foe spexials - told none. Saw specials board on way out. Long wait, unbussed tables,had to ask for silverware, waitress knew nothing, no refills offered on drinks, long wait for food, appetizer came after entree, food greasy &tasteless, meat tough &dry. Spring rolls had some gooey tasteless unidentifiable filling served with tasteless orange goo for dipping,

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

McAllen, Texas, United States
“Loved the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Had a nice meal and the service was great. Word of advice do not challenge the cook. I asked for extra spicy and they delivered. I have ordered several menu items and all have been great.

Western Washington State
“Like no Thai I've ever tasted and that isn't complimentary”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We are from West coast and eat Thai weekly. This is the worst I've ever had. The waiter asked how it compared and I said I'd never quite tasted anything like their food. He asked if that was good and I said "no". He did say they have difficulty getting authentic ingrediants. So I understand the
Lack of fresh rice noodles but our 2 entrees both tasted like packaged gravy mix and one was a stir fry.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Awesome Thai Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were really quite surprised at how good the food was. I read the reviews so I figured it would at least be decent. It was perfect! Just the right amount of spice, plenty of food, lots of flavor, and the service was excellent. We will most likely come back here one more time before our short trip ends!

Bedford, Texas
“Always great service, and Thai the way you like it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Been coming here for years, and always loved this place. After last nights chicken cashew I decided to write this review. Great service from the wait staff (who are always friendly), they serve coke products too. Wife had the Pad Key Mao and demolished it with relish!

Overall, it's family owned and run. It's independent and they treat their customers well. Although we like everyone, Carmilla has been wonderful and always knows our order.

Give it a try, a quiet meal, reasonably priced, and happy to say we will be back.

• Visited September 2013