“Still Great” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Texas
“Still Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Returned to McAllen after a 2 yr absence and were delighted to learn Thai Red Chili's was still turning out great Thai food. The Panang, Yellow and Masman currries are simply wonderful and I suspect everything is wonderful. Looking forward to another visit (or 2) during our stay.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brownsville, TX
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was my first time going here and trying Thai food and it was delicious! I based going here off of the previous TripAdvisor comment. Even though it was too quiet and my boyfriend and I were the only ones there, the food was great, so was the service. We will be returning!

Visited August 2012
McAllen, Texas
“Very good Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and myself love this restaurant. The taste is amazing, service is great and prices very reasonable. We have been there a few times and ordered several dishes and they have all been great. We specially liked the Pad Thai and the curries (green one is amazing)! The only problem with this restaurant is that we have had several unsuccessful attempts to visit it, since they close on Sundays (I still do not understand why many restaurants close on Sundays) and the owner takes several weeks-off annually and closes the restaurant in his absence.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“We'll be coming back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I love love LOVE delicious, authentic, spicy Asian food, and  absolutely never expected to find a gem like this in the dusty valley in Texas. The locals could not recommend anything; so a little digging on line, and voila - we're at the Thai Chili Pepper.

The environment is a bit 80s (the furniture could use an update - but I did not come here for the furniture),  but the smells were so inviting. There were 6 of us, hungry after a long day's work... some never tasted Thai, yet all of us were ready for a delicious dinner.

After a round of cold beers, we started with an appetizer sampler and a large lemongrass shrimp soup for all.  Both were  very delicious. we followed by numerous individual orders: pad Thai, vegan curry, and various beef and seafood dishes. I will vouch that everything I tasted was drenched with favor, enhanced with rich spices, perfectly prepared, with a lovely presentation. Even though there was only one server and a number of Parties seated, the service was not delayed and was friendly.

The prices are quite reasonable.  My colleagues who returned to the Valley already came back here for dinner. I can't wait to make my way back there, too.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Emmaus
“Very good Thai food in McAllen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Very good Thai food. We went there twice during our three week stay in McAllen. Our favorites were the Panang Curry and the Green Curry. It is located in a small shopping strip, and can be somewhat hard to spot from the street. It is on the west side of Ware, just a bit south of Nolona.

• Visited February 2011