“My home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 McAllen-Downtown

You added Super 8 McAllen-Downtown to your Saves list
Super 8 McAllen-Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1505 South 9th Street, Exp 83 West and 9th Street, McAllen, TX 78501 (Formerly Ramada Limited McAllen)   |
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in McAllen
McAllen, Texas
“My home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have never been one to write reviews, but I feel that this hotel deserves it. I have been staying at this hotel for the past 3 years now. I travel often and I can honestly say that this is the cleanest hotel in the Valley. The location is perfect, the staff is very friendly and the rooms are huge. It will surprise you when you first walk in because you wouldn't expect the rooms to be so big and clean.
The staff here is like a family and will always make you feel that way. I have stayed at almost every hotel in Mcallen and this by far my favorite, I don't stay anywhere else anymore. I am close to all the restaurants, the mall, bank and all the clubs. I absolutely love this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TXLA1, Front Office Manager at Super 8 McAllen-Downtown, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear guest, we want to thank you for your loyalty in the past three years that you have been coming to McAllen. Everyone here at Super 8 McAllen Downtown want to take you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about our hospitality. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with everything we do. We strive to provide the best service available. We will continue doing so. We truly appreciate your time in providing us with your comments as they motivate us to keep providing great facilities and great customer services to all of our guest. Again, thanks and hope you keep choosing Supe 8 McAllen Downtown as your destination when coming the McAllen.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hollywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

room was actually very nice for the price, clean comfy beds, breakfast staff were really nice, I'd definitely recommend this hotel to friends and relatives, the only thing I didn't like, there was no internet available until the morning, and had to make a run to the ATM as front desk clerk was taking cash only! oh well, wasn't that bad.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

TXLA1, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 McAllen-Downtown, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

All the staff here at Super 8 McAllen Downtown want to thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent visit to McAllen. Your feedback is essential for us as we take it into consideration for improving the services we provide. Also, we want to apologize for any inconveniences you might have encountered on your last visit for not having internet access. Unfortunately, on the day of your stay, a large part of McAllen was out of Internet. In reference to the ATM, the latter will be brought up in our next meeting for consideration. Again thank you for providing us your feedback. We assure you will take it in a positive way to improve the services we provide.
mcallen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

really surprised!!!
Great rooms, very clean, linens were like new, great customer service specially by Johnny!!!
Stayed there three times, each one in a different type of room, all perfect, might be my luck but I'm 3 for 3 so far. Not bad

JR.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Quick and professional staff, Johnny Chaves took care of all our needs from when we checked in til when we checked out, spacious and very clean rooms. Everything you can think of is around this hotel mall,resturants, mexico border etc. Ill definitely be staying here on my future visits to McAllen

• Stayed November 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The over all stay was wonderful. Room was clean,big,and well stocked. Plenty of restaurants to choose from within the area. Only problem was parking. Small parking lot in the front and limtited parking in the back. Will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Very conveniently located off theexpress way. Just a few blocks from down town mcallen.
The tiled floor and and modern style rooms were very nice. I was glad i had plenty of desk top to get all my work done. The rooms were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and will continue to book here. I've recommended this hotel to many of my friends and colleagues. And they too have been more than satisfied wih thier stays.

• Stayed September 2013
Laredo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I booked this hotel about 3 hours before i got there and as soon i got there staff was very attentive and proffesional. We got a double bed room and suprisingly was a real big rooms with a sofa as well. Nice flatscreen tv, tiled room(cleaner than carpet), and real clean room in general. Good location about a block away from the freeway. Breakfast was decent, typical hotel breakfast, (cereal,juice,toast,waffles,cinnamon roll,fruit)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 McAllen-Downtown? Share your experiences!