“I love this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“I love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

A little bit expensive but worth it!
The halibut is my favorite I always recommend this place to all my friends.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011 via mobile

I used to go to this place with no disappointments. This last time the service was HORRIBLE. The waiter was extremely rude with us. His voice tone was rude and pretentious. One of us didnt decide wath to order and he was very rude with her. It was sooo bad we asked for the manager and we were assigned another one, she was ok. Food took too long to come. Our refills almost never came. The meet was too fibrous. When we asked to help us have a birthday cake they told us they dont do that and charged us 30 bucks and we got only two small pieces left of a big birthday cake. To pay when asked to separate bill, he came back and he was very very rude with us and told us they dont do that, which it wasnt true because it was done before at another meeting with different group. We all will never come back. I though it was a good place but it was almost like they didnt like us at all and wanted us to leave asap. Very distrespectfull, almost racist type. Our waiter should not be allowed to work at any other placer ever.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
McAllen, Texas
“Best Steaks in McAllen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

I have been a customer for several years and have had consistently great food and service. My husband and I have dined at other restaurants in McAllen, but La Pampa consistently has the best steaks and service. The wait staff has taken the time to know our likes and they make our visit special each time. Great service and great food.

• Visited December 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
McAllen, Texas
“A dinner to forget”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I visited "La Pampa" to celebrate my aniversary with my wife and it was a total dissapointment.
We both ordered "Churrasco" medium cooked.
After a twenty minute wait, we got our meat, My wife's looked OK but mine was nearly burnt.
I explained the waiter that we had both ordered medium cooked steaks but the difference was notorious. He kindly took the plate and came back ten minutes later with a totally raw piece of meat.
And when I say totally raw, I mean it. The cinter of the steak was still bloody.
Agains my usual ways I called the waiter again and one more time asked him to get me a medium cooked churrasco.
Again twelve minutes went by and a fair looking steak was presented.
The problem then was trying to chew the piece. The beef was literally impossible to eat.
I gave up. The witer put me out of my misery by retrieving my plate with the almos full cut still in it.
I consider myself pretty tolerant when it comes to reataurants, As a matter of fact, this is the very first time in my 58 year life that I return a plate.
For a $28.00 dish, this was a total turn off

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Fine Dining and Fine Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

Cons: Limited entree choices because half of the dinner entree choices are a variety of steaks. However, the steaks are delicous. For some reason their tomato, mozzarella and basil uses hard mozzarella instead of fresh mozzarella. I thought that was distasteful for such a nice restaurant. PROS: They offer a delicous green salad with stawberries and balsamic vinegrette (you can add chicken) and a couple (maybe 5) non-steak dinner entree choices. The appetizers are plentiful and tasty. We like the meat stuffed empanaditas and the chorizo.

• 5 of 5 stars Food