“Best desserts in the region” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Martindale
Cuisines: American
texas
“Best desserts in the region”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Service was great. Owner was attentive to all customers. The menu is sparse, but sufficient. All dishes are carefully prepared. Unique food for this area. The vegetarian dishes are very creative and good, but the servings are quite small. So you will have room for the fantastic Italian Cream Cake or Buttermilk Pie.

Visited December 2012

Galveston
“Lovely little secret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Had a lovely lunch! The food and servie were excellent...worth it to go out of your way to eat in this little gem of a restaurant!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“hit and miss”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

On a drive to San Marcus I saw this cafe..so on our way out..we stopped to eat there..it was so cute and charming on the outside...the inside was clean and cold and clean...no noise...not much on the walls...the place was empty and very quiet...we picked a booth and placed our order.
I had a chicken fried steak and my hubby had a dinner salad, turkey sandwich and veggies.

My chicken fried steak was very very very chewy and it had an overwhelming smell of sweetness... I could not pin point the taste...my husband said waffle batter...but it was the meat...it was sweet...it was the size of my palm and covered in what looked like thick cream gravy...I just cut up the meat and pushed it around the plate...I just wanted to leave.

My husband's sandwich was one I could of made at home and it cost $9.95!!! yeah you read it correctly...and there was nothing to it...he didn't eat his sandwich...but, he did eat his dinner salad and his asparagus.

Our bill was $34.00...which wouldn't of bothered me...but my food just wasn't for me.

I think you should give them a try...You probably have that fancy palate I'm missing...I really hope this little cafe makes it...because from the outside it's very inviting and you'll want to stop....It was just a hit and miss for me.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“fresh, delicious, creative food with a quaint flair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I've eaten here several times, and held a bridal shower here. We had excellent food and service. The broccoli salad is my favorite...and try any fresh fish they offer.

Brownsville, Texas
“Historically Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Atmosphere is great. Food is fresh and homemade. I had meatloaf. It was tasty and obviously organic and home made. For desert I had carrot cake which was off the hook good. The owner even gave us a history tour of the restaurant which was the Bagley family cotton and corn seed warehouse. After you eat and see the historic memorabilia go east on Hwy 80 and turn right again to see the tiny old town Martindale. The San Marcos River runs right through Martindale.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Cottonseed Cafe & Deli? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cottonseed Cafe & Deli, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.