“Stay Away !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Marshall-East End Blvd

Baymont Inn & Suites Marshall-East End Blvd
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Marshall-East End Blvd to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Marshall-East End Blvd
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 E. End Blvd. S., Marshall, TX 75672 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Marshall)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Marshall
john's creek, GA.
“Stay Away !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2008

LQ should be ashamed of this property.We checked in around 6 PM and found a Do not Disturb sign on the door of our assigned room and TV sounds emanating from inside.Went back to front desk ; assured room was unoccupied.So we went in.It was unoccupied alright - but the room looked like the remnants of a frat party - food wrappers and garbage everywhere,lights and TV on, just a mess.The hotel is old and dirty,worn and stained carpeting, no elevators. We left asap - if you decide to book this dump don't say you haven't been warned.

• Liked — escaping
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

The La Quinta in Marshall, TX is old and dirty. Quite frankly LQ should be embarrassed that they allow for this property to continue to represent its name. In two locations there were what appeared to be boogers on the walls (bedroom wall and bathroom/vanity area wall). There's really no need to describe the poor condition of the rest of the room given my previous statement.

• Liked — Checking out.
  • Disliked — Entire experience
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

Friday the 13th…Murphy’s Law…What didn't go wrong.

We have stayed in many La Quinta's...in fact many other hotels...and nothing like this has ever happened...it was one thing after another...we couldn't leave fast enough.

No elevators...means you carry in your bags.
No locked side entry doors...means no security.
This hotel allows pets.
This hotel also has smoking rooms.
So if you have allergies...think twice.

Our first room was upstairs...we carried our bags up...the room was dingy…and we were hit with the strong smell of cigarette smoke which was coming in thru the bathroom vent...I'm very allergic to cigarette smoke so we asked to be moved.

Our second room was downstairs...we carried our bags back down...by this time we were late and were in a hurry...our room had a strong odor of cleaning solution...but we thought if we turned on the a/c it would dissipate...so we took our chances…hours later we returned to a new horrid odor…now my never fussy husband said, no way…we can not stay in this.

We learned from the manager that the hotel is set up as 7 smoking rooms to 7 non-smoking rooms.

We also learned from the manager that our room sat on a cracked slab and when it rained the odor of mold and mildew grew stronger.

It had been raining all day and it was only going to get worse.

We felt it was wrong of them to place us in rooms which had known problems…So we checked out and will never return.

You may find this hotel made for you…but at least now you’ll know what you are walking into…and I saw were you can make up Texas shaped waffles for breakfast…and the hotel was the cheapest on line value, listed as a impulse weekend thru the La Quinta site.

I have learned to ask many detailed questions before booking a room….and to spend the extra twelve dollars to get a better class hotel…I only hope you never go thru what we had to.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — the manager
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fort Worth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2006

I was looking for a place to stay while passing through Marshall, and I needed to bring my dog along. The La Quinta has a great rate that is only available on the La Quinta website. They also do not charge extra to bring pets. This sounded like a great deal. When I arrived at the hotel, there was no one at the front desk. I had to wait at least 5 minutes before someone finally showed up. By that time, 2 other guests had arrived and were waiting for their rooms. The guy at the front desk apparently recognized them and began checking them in. They pointed out that I had been there first, but he continued checking them in anyway. Then he started to check me in. When he found out that I was in their loyalty club, he apologized for not having my check-in ready in the special members area of the desk. Everything looked fine, and so we drove around to get into our room. The first thing we noticed is that the side door to the hotel did not lock. It was after 10 PM, and I would have expected all side entrances to be locked. I don't think the door was capable of being locked. Another reason that I selected this hotel is that it had interior corridors, but it's not quite as safe if the doors don't lock. When we got into our room, it had a very strange smell. I don't know if it had been a smoking room previously or if there was some residual pet smell in the room. I asked another guest about his room and he told me that he purchased air fresheners for his room. I went to the front desk to ask about air fresheners, and no one was there. There just happened to be some other guests sitting in the lobby who told me that he was outside smoking. I went out front, and he was smoking and chatting with some girls. I asked him about air fresheners, and he told me that someone had taken their air fresheners earlier and not brought them back. (That makes at least 3 smelly rooms.) The room was a little dated. There were cracks in the countertops and the toilet. The staff was very pleasant. The front desk clerk seemed concerned about the smells and not having my check-in ready, but he could not offer me another room because they were sold out. They also have a good continental breakfast, and the woman staffing that was very pleasant as well. The stay wasn't awful, but it wasn't great. I'm not that picky, so if you like better accommodations, I'd avoid this place. I will only go back if I have my dog again, and I will check around more before making reservations.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Marshall-East End Blvd? Share your experiences!