“Great value.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Marshall
Pahrump, Nevada
“Great value.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This is an older facility that is being renovated.

The room is nice. New carpet, newer bedding. Towels aren't big, but fresh and clean.

Wifi and breakfast included. Motel is nice close to several places to eat and near I-20.

I love it when the desk clerk hands me a cold bottle of water after a long, hot drive.

• Stayed June 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Amarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Though it needs some improvements/updates in the bathrooms, the bed was outrageously great and, and the carpet was fairly new and clean. the AC unit was having noise issues, but since it wasn't hot, so running it with just the fan worked great. the price was great!

Room Tip: On the backside, ground floor, near the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fort Smith
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Serves me right for trying to save a few dollars, I suppose. From the outside, the hotel didn't look too bad, except a little bit on the old side. My troubles began almost the second I walked in the door.
First the clerk couldn't find my reservation, then she tried to charge me for my stay (I had pre-paid on-line). When I protested, she called the owner/manager who told me if I didn't pay, I wouldn't be allowed to stay. I told him I had pre-paid and he claimed they had no record my payment (I've filed a complaint with my credit card company)
I had requested ground floor since I walk with a cane, but the only rooms available were on Second floor with NO elevator. So I had to hobble up the stairs while dragging my suitcase behind me. The inside of the motel was filthy: the carpets were torn and stained. the ceiling had broken and stained tiles the emergency lights were broken, and only one working ice machine (downstairs, and it was filthy looking). None of the outside doors locked and were often left standing open and half the security cameras looked like they weren't working.
I was beginning to think I was in a homeless shelter as there were halfdressed people wandering the halls or simply sitting in the hall talking on their cell phones. Turns out it was just construction workers.
I finally found my room, but had a tough time getting the door open. Once, I did, I was surprised how clean the room looked. The pillows were, of course, flat but the room overall appeared decent and the bed was clean and relatively comfortable. The hotel itself was a filthy dump, yet the room was clean. The TV reception, however, was mediocre and the Wi-Fi was erratic...sometimes I could log-in, sometimes I couldn't.
There was plenty of hot water in the shower, but the towels were rather small prompting me to use a second one to get dry.
I could hear people all through the night wandering the hallways and occasionally hear someone from down the hall laughing or talking loudly. I tried to complain to the front desk, but nothing was ever done.
Breakfast was a joke: all the cereal was pre-sweetened (I can't eat pre-sweetened cereal), a toaster (but no bread), and a few mini-muffins. Oh, and there was juice, too. I guess the construction workers ate half the breakfast and no one bothered to restock it.
When I finally went to check out, I went by the desk, but no one was there. I called out "Hello?" with no response. I rang the bell for service and there was STILL no response. I finally just tossed my key on the desk and left.
Overall, a great disappointment to say the very least.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I'm not sure what separates this from a one star rating, I suppose that the fact that I didn't demand my money back and leave. Aside from the terror problem list below, the bed was comfortable (presumably a relatively new mattress that other units may not have yet?) and the old style TV (square screen) did work.

* poorly vacuumed
* garbage behind and under both bedside tables, such as beer can and cigarettes
* moldy standing water in coffee maker tank, along with a rusty razor blade
* a lamp with burned-out bulb and another unplugged
* the couch: at best good to put your suitcase on
* there were no hand towels, which were brought upon request
* no freezer box in refri, and internal cooling coils were iced over, hence weak cooling capacity
* unpleasant odor from ventilation system
* vanity light bulbs or balast is bad, very difficult to get light to go on
* general dingy look, low lighting, built up dirt, stained windows....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We have stayed here several single nights in the past couple years. Every time our stay was quiet and everything worked in the room, one ice machine was broken during one stay. Rooms were always clean. Yes carpet was dated and in oil country can get your socks dirty. This stay we have a new floor and fresh paint. Looks good for a dated building.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Terrible. Could be decent with some tlc, but right now it has filthy carpet (will have to throw out my favorite pair of socks when we leave), holes in walls and ceilings, non-working microwave, spotty internet connection, questionable clientele. Will never stay here again.

Oh, and milk at breakfast was soured. YUCK!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Management1700, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Marshall, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Dear Value Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our Marshall, TX.property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary, I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.