“Clean and Close to I-20” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Marshall
Dallas, Texas
“Clean and Close to I-20”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stopped here on Easter Sunday and had a nice evening. The hotel is clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. Our breakfast was good.
The hotel is far enough off the interstate to be quiet but close enough for easy access.
My only thing I wish they would try is putting the bill under the door during the night like many places. There was a line in the morning to get the bill.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Brazil, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel was very nice. the room was clean and comfortable. the Hot Tub was also nice especially because we were the only ones it it. It was too cold for the outdoor pool to be open. the breakfast was nice. The laundry facilities were not the greatest, only one washer and one dryer and the dryer cost of 1.75 should really be 3.50 since the clothes did not get dry in one cycle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

First the good stuff.... we were greeted by a very nice front desk clerk who quickly assigned us our rooms and then called each room in a few minutes to be sure that all was OK. She also gave me maps of the city and several helpful suggestions to make our short visit more enjoyable. Each room was large with both a sitting area and a sleeping area. Bed was comfortable and A/C was efficient and quiet. The room was clean and the bathroom was spotless.
The breakfast room was adequate size. I'm not a fan of powdered reconstituted eggs, so I skipped them in favor of oatmeal. The mystery meat they served one morning looked like pepperoni left over from a pizza, so I skipped that too. The next morning, the meat was ID'ed as a sausage patty. Many people chose to make a waffle. So, overall, I would stay again and recommend this hotel to others. But...
my one negative comment is that you should be sure of your schedule if you book the non-refundable rate on the internet. They mean just that! One person in our party was hospitalized just prior to the trip and the doctor would not let that person travel. They would not refund the charge even though I gave almost 2 weeks prior notice. Many other places will do that for a serious reason, but not this place. Consider that when booking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My extended family and I were coming into town for the...I believe it was called Winter Wonderland or something like it, BOMBED ALL THE WAY. I will never attend that event again. As for the hotel, it was clean and suitable for what we needed. The front desk had all the information I asked for, which is a plus.. it's not a good look not to have the most basic information like finding the nearest Walmart or Shopping area. The breakfast was decent, I didn't expect anything better than what they provided. There's plenty of information in the lobby which I love. It had a good location not to far from the Hwy or restaurants. If I ever came back to Marshall, I'd stay here.

Room Tip: Some rooms are located by the elevator, if your picky about noise or an extreme little sleeper I sug...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lubbock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have stayed in many hotels and we always choose Comfort Inn and Suites if possible. There is a level of consistency that we have grown to expect and this hotel was just great! Immaculately clean and comfortable. Breakfast items were fresh and good. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, neighbors can be noisy....slamming doors and loud tv. But I haven't figure...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We where going to stay at La Quinta but they were sold out. So glad they were! This was our first stay at Comfort Suites and honestly I was quite hesitant. In my experience, $75.00 hotels are not usually something to write home about. Was I surprised as we drove into the parking lot and I saw the landscaping...kale, snapdragons, pansys in all colors. It was the day after Thanksgiving and I was not looking forward to returning home and decorating the Christmas tree but whoever decorates this hotel inspired me. I was sharing all this with my sister and all she could say was, "are you kidding?"

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I don't even know where to start. Got to room and pulled the comforter back and there was bright red fresh blood on the sheets. Called the desk and was told he had fresh sheets I could come get!! After going back and forth he offered to move us to a different room. I contacted management who was very rude. Companions room had terrible mold in bathroom and room smelled moldy. Shortly after arriving home both occupants came down with pneumonia. Please do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Comfort Suites Marshall? Share your experiences!