“Overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Marshall
Darby, Montana
“Overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Check in was actually kind of fun ( they were having a shift change so had the morning and evening desk ladies there ) They were very friendly and outgoing and had fun checking in. Room was good for what I wanted for the night ( the only thing is if you are there for more than a night the television selection is very lacking ) other than that I have no complaints. Bed was decent ( I am a " Side sleeper " so I like mine a little softer ) no noise from the interstate and the fan actually works ( I like the white noise to drown out other noise )
Over all I would say this is a good choice if you are on the road and passing through. Oh and go check out PORKY's BBQ down the road ( very good food and the waitress's are very outgoing )

Room Tip: Ask for an EVEN number room if you want real quiet ( the odd numbers face a truckstop parking lot...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Gunnar O,

Who ever said checking into a hotel shouldn't be a little fun? I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us starting at check in, after all Holiday Inn Express' motto is "Stay Smart, Stay You" for a reason! I'll be sure to share your review with our front desk staff, they always appreciate positive feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Clifton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, Marshall, TX offers a great location (Hwy 59) and excellent service.

Rooms: The property is well-maintained and provides comfortable bedding, workspace, ample bathroom and closet space and convenient amenities that include a refrigerator and microwave. The latter two are particularly useful in the event one wants to purchase something to cook on the BBQ grill by the pool and keep the food in the refrigerator prior to grilling and/or save the leftovers for later.

Public Spaces: The indoor and outdoor public areas are well-maintained and offer plenty of lounging space. The indoor commons area is appointed with comfortable furniture that will accommodate both lounging and working. The outdoor public area offers a pool with plenty of lounging space. As referenced earlier the outside area also offers a BBQ grill that is a welcome treat in the evening if one wishes to grill outside and enjoy a meal and drinks with friends or even alone.

Breakfast and For Purchase Pantry: The breakfast selections are quite good including fresh pancakes, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs and/or small cheese omelets, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, assorted breads, fruits, cereals, coffee, juice and other drinks. In fact, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in Marshall, TX offered one of the more substantial free breakfast meals that I've experienced at a 2.5 star property. In comparison to the "for purchase" breakfast at the Courtyard by Marriott property (Tyler, TX - 3.0 stars) the Holiday Inn Express and Suites is by far a better hotel property in both amenities and value. The "for purchase pantry" also offers opportunities to dine-in or for a late night snack. The prices are comparable to any convenience store.

Service: The front desk staff, dining staff, and housekeeping staff were all friendly, attentive, and responsive to requests. The East Texas hospitality was evident at this property.

For overall comfort and value the HIE&S in Marshall, TX offers the best choice for travelers in the Marshall area. I'll be sure to book my room early for future trips to Marshall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for filling out a review! We greatly appreciate you sharing your experiences with us. Feedback, especially positive feedback, is always most welcome. I'm glad that enjoyed your stay and thank you for allowing us to host you while visiting Marshall. We will look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Until then safe travels!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were greeted with genuine friendliness by the manager, received a quiet room away from traffic, elevator and vending as requested. Recommendations for local dining given with care. The hotel seems to be new with nice western themed décor, clean room, modern appointments like granite bath counter, flat screen TV. Fridge and micro wave provided. Breakfast is the standard HIE fare including sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, several bread choices, cinnamon rolls, juice, good coffee, yoghurt, cereal, bananas. Unfortunately all on Styrofoam and plastic. Attention: even though the address reads 500 Interstate 20, it can not be reached from the I20 access/on-ramp road. The hotel driveway is off a secondary road parallel to the freeway access ramp.

Room Tip: the hotel is situated perpendicular to the interstate. Rooms located in the rear and facing south ar...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks Herman!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the dining recommendations. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff work tirelessly to keep the hotel "new" condition and I plan to share your review in our morning "Staff Huddle" with them. Also, on the dishes and utensils in the breakfast bar, I don't have a firm timeline for these changes, but we are currently exploring options with our suppliers and IHG, our parent company, to shift from Styrofoam and plastic to more eco-friendly items such as recyclable materials. I hope you and your son enjoyed the rest of your road trip and we look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future!

East Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My second visit to this hotel was better than the first...I stayed early Feb. 2013 the first time, and found the hotel to be very nice, clean, well-equipped, with friendly staff. This second visit in March, I was upgraded to the top-floor "executive suite" which was super nice! Everything was in order when I arrived, and even though I was a bit late getting to the hotel, the staff was more than accomodating. Great restful evening, and a nice breakfast the following morning...with convenient parking, vending machines, and internet access right off the main lobby. Will definitely stay here again---very convenient to IH20, Hwy59, and close to downtown Marshall, TX. A definite plus...only 30 minutes or so away from Shreveport/Bossier City, LA. Recommended!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor suites are extra-large and roomy!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay even more the second time around. Our suites are truly the crown jewels of the hotel and some of the most spacious in Marshall. Thanks again for allowing us to host you while visiting Marshall and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Safe Travels,

Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Nice overall got a good nights sleep , parking not great so if riding a motorcycle would ask to park under canopy. Breakfast decent always a factor when I travel because it saves time, pancake machine was broken , didn't I use pool but it was clean and ready . Would stay again

• Stayed December 2012
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Hello Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review! I'm glad you got a good night's sleep while riding through. You're correct, our location at the end of the frontage road can be a little tricky to locate the first time, but I'm glad that you found the hotel's cleanliness and service up to your standards when you arrived. Let me apologize for the pancake machine being out of service. There had been a tear in one the belts that operate the machine and it took a few days to received the replacement belt from the manufacturer. I can assure you though that if you find yourself riding through this area again the pancakes will be hot and fresh as they should be.

I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable and you had a smooth ride, we love to have bikers stay with us as they ride through. Our hotel hosts two major bike rallies each year and they're some of the most enjoyable events to work with.

Hope to see you again soon, until then, safe travels!
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I arrived late last night, after driving in from Austin. Check in was quick and efficient. Guest service was very friendly and welcoming. I have a room on the first floor, looking at the pool. My only complaint is that my "neighbor" is a snorer. The room is great! Service is great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hello Brian,

First, let me say thanks, not just for staying with us, but for staying again. Secondly, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I'm very happy to hear you found the hotel to your standards and enjoyed the view of the pool. All of the staff really tries to go "all in" for guest service and cleanliness and they'll be very happy to hear that you were pleased.

Again, thank you for posting your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Marshall, Texas is located near a convenient intersection next to Interstate 20. The hotel was clean, all the staff was helpful and friendly. Their hot breakast was more than ample. If you want a quieter room, ask for one at the back of the hotel or you will hear interstate traffic all night. We had a room facing the interstate but I travel with ear plugs so it was not a problem for me.

Jefferson, Texas is only about a fifteen minute drive from Marshall, so the Holiday Inn Express is a good base for seeing Marshall and Jefferson. I was attending a conference in Marshall but did a little sightseeingin Jefferson the following day and it was very convenient.

I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello Ms. Johnson,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay and got to take in some of the sights in Jefferson before heading home. A number of our guests love to visit the Jefferson area, especially antique lovers. I'm glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and will share your comments with our Breakfast Host during our morning staff "huddle".

Thanks again for sharing, and we hope to see you again next time. Until then, safe travels!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall? Share your experiences!