“Comfortable, Clean, Tasty Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Marshall
Houston, Texas, United States
“Comfortable, Clean, Tasty Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was in town for a 1 night stay. The hotel staff was polite & helpful during Check-in (which was quick) as well as checkout.

The breakfast was tasty and there was a good variety of items to choose from. The attendant did a great job of keeping it well stocked/ maintained.

I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We take great pride in our hotel and what we offer. I've shared your comments with all of the staff, especially the Breakfast Hostess.

Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New Braunfels, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed here while doing business in Marshall. It has been awhile since I stayed here and it all came back to me when I got into room. Loud, loud and did I mention Loud. I remembered that I usually stayed at the Hampton Inn (no rooms available).

I could of stayed at the Motel 6 next door and faired better. This hotel seems like the party hotel.
I love the Holiday Inn's that I normally stay in and I am a diamond member, but this one doesn't meet the criteria of most Holiday Inn's I stay in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear TX4Ever42,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent stay with us because of the loud noise. I want to assure you that this is not our standard. We want our guest to have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Burleson, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is the frequent home to an oilfield crew that is allowed to walk up and down the halls being loud and drinking beer. The hotel staff turns a blind eye because this crew has a lot of rooms booked. It does eventually get quite when they pass out. If you are traveling with young children and do not want them exposed to profanity and drunks then you might want to stay somewhere else. If you are traveling on business bring some earphones to use while you work to drown out the party in the background. I travel and stay in hotels 100 days or more a year and this by far is the only time I have stayed at one that allows this behavior. I have stayed at this hotel many times and this crew is here almost every time I have stayed.

Room Tip: If you stay try to get a room at the back of the hotel. Since this hotel is very close to the I20 t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear EnergyNomad,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise created by the other guest. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Crowley, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had no issues sleeping, the bed was comfy, and the tv was nice. I do wish there had been a mini fridge, but it wasn't a deal breaker. Room was nice and cold. Overall, the room was fresh and clean. I did notice a little mildew in the tub drain as well as the sink drain. We did get lost because our gps took us somewhere completely different. So, a warning, google map it instead haha! Breakfast was hot and yummy. Best pancake machine ever!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

roaming...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, it was quiet and we slept great! No issues. The breakfast was hot and yummy with a great selection. We love the 1 minute pancake maker. The staff were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We travel a lot and stay in this brand often. They're a "cut above" chain and very nicely appointed with slightly larger rooms and just a little more attention to detail. This one is no exception. The lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful as we've grown to expect at HIE. The only thing I'll agree about that others have stated in their reviews is the road noise level is louder than comfortable for many. I sleep like a log so it didn't bother me but it definitely bothered my wife and she rarely complains about noise. It could be the back side of the hotel is better. I checked the internet connection and we're getting about 3.5 MBPS which is about typical for most good hotels where we've checked it. And it's plenty fast enough unless you are downloading movies or something. So if they've had a problem with it in the past I'd say it's fixed now.

If we stay here again we'll try to get a room further away from the road and leave the AC fan set on run so the "white noise" can drown out the road noise.

Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Try a room further away from the road and set the AC fan switch to run to help drown out the road no...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed one night in a suite . This hotel is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in! The check-in was nice and efficient. Room was clean; towels were clean (No make-up stains); A/C worked great; different choices of pillows, breakfast was hot and a good quality; TV worked great and remote worked; kids had no problems with internet connection. We did not use the business center; pool or work-out room so can't comment on those.

Room Tip: Suite on North side was nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences! We're always looking for feedback from how we are doing, and positive feedback is the best! Thanks again for sharing your review, hope to see you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall? Share your experiences!