“Great lunch spot for sandwiches and salads.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Marshall
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Sandwiches, Hamburgers, Soups
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Central Perks is located in the historical Weisman Bldg in downtown Marshall TX. We offer a beautiful environment in which to enjoy lunch, an espresso drink, a decadent dessert or meet with some friends and family. The Weisman Center is home to numerous artists and merchants offering a shopping experience like no other in Marshall.
Mountain View, California
“Great lunch spot for sandwiches and salads.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Central Perks has a pretty varied menu. I have had a number of different sandwiches and salads. The Don Parks sandwich, with its jalapeno cream cheese spread, is a favorite, as well as the chicken and feta sandwich. The grilled chicken salad and the fiesta chicken salad are great. The food and service is consistently very good, but there can be a little bit of a wait for food if you arrive towards the end of the lunch hour.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Wonderful food, service and a great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places to eat of all time I think. The food is incredible and the service is great too, always with a smile.

I personally love the Don Parks sandwich and the black and blue burger. Of course the desserts are hard to deny as well!

Try it, you won't be dissapointed.

• Visited July 2013
Hallsville, Texas
“Harry saved the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I do business in Marshall and Central Perks has become something of a regular haunt for me anytime I find myself in the area and have a few minutes to relax. They have good coffee, a very nice outdoor seating area, and the service is always great. Today was no exception.

What was the exception however was the rain and my lack of attention. After enjoying a nice latte on the patio the bottom dropped out and it began to pour. I quickly grabbed my things (most of them at least) and headed across the street to my meeting. About ten minutes later I realize I'm missing my iPhone and am horrified that I left it sitting outside on the table in the middle of a very nasty rain storm. I dart back across the street calculating in my head if I can afford a replacement, and much to my relief, apparently no sooner had I walked off than Harry from inside noticed it sitting on the table and quickly grabbed it before it could get soaked (or swiped). The phone was at the register waiting for me, bone dry. As the title says, Harry's keen observations and quick action saved the day.

• Visited June 2013
Clifton, Texas
“Excellent In All Areas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Central Perks is a must dine restaurant destination when in Marshall, TX. The menu offers creative choices that range from their signature chicken salad, fresh made quiche, enticing soups, an interesting selection of local Tex-Mex favorites (e.g., chicken enchiladas), fresh made gourmet burgers, and hot and cold sandwiches that combine creative and fresh ingredients that will have you making a priority list for the many visits that you’ll surely schedule. The counter staff are attentive, friendly, and are quick to offer enthusiastic recommendations (thank you Ms. V). Without question Central Perks will be on the “must dine” list the next time I’m in Marshall, TX

Visited May 2013
Flower Mound, Texas
“Great Lunch Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were happy to get off the interstate and take a real break at Central Perks. It's just about five miles from I-20 and well worth the detour. Our sandwiches were delicious, and we felt right at home as the local people came in for lunch. The restaurant is located in an antique store, and it was fun to take a few minutes to poke around in the shops.

• Visited May 2013