“Nasty place Please read!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Marshall

You added Quality Inn Marshall to your Saves list
Quality Inn Marshall
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4911 East End Blvd, Marshall, TX 75672 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Marshall)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Marshall
N Carolina
“Nasty place Please read!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

We stayed here one night (thank God it was only one night). We had reservations and arrived around 11pm. The hotel was PACKED as it was POURING rain out and nobody wanted to be out driving that late in the rain. Upon arriving, we checked into our room. We had to park on the opposite side of the hotel from our room, and drag our stuff through the rain. We got to our room only to find out that neither of our key cards worked. Hubby had to leave me in the rain, in the dark, in the parking lot of this dive, with our stuff, all alone, while he ran to get our key cards fixed. As I am standing there, the young man that just checked us in came running around from the back of the hotel (opposite the direction my hubby just went) I told him that neither of our keys would work and he said "oh yeah that door is broken, you have to jiggle the handle". At this point I am annoyed and thinking that I'm not flushing a toilet, and this cant be good. Then he said " did you see a guy around here? I got a couple complaints that there was a guy out here walking around looking in cars and asking people for money." Um....NO? I havent. THEN he LEAVES ME THERE ALONE, in the rain, in the dark, with my purse, and all our stuff, and goes to the lobby. Thankfully, hubby arrived within 2 minutes to let us in. However, the first card we tried STILL didnt work, but the other one did. I am going to try to keep the rest of this short so I am just going to list the negatives and positives from here on out.
Negatives- Nasty filthy bathroom, found a dirty washrag on the shower rod. Carpet turned my socks BLACK. Room was musty. Air conditioning was so loud and obnoxious. Toilet OVERFLOWED onto the floor. TWICE. The second time I didnt wipe it up, we just left. On checking out I complained about all of it and the lady at the desk said she would have her manager call me. He never did. Then she proceeded to ask us if we wanted breakfast. Um.. NO thanks.
The positive part of staying there was LEAVING.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Big Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

The bed was nice and clean. It was raining so we didn't get to try out the pool. Staff was attentive, breakfast was good. Enjoyed our stay.

• Liked — nice big clean bed
  • Disliked — The room was a bit pricy- but worth it because it was clean.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2006

Living in the Dallas area and being a frequent visitor to the casinos Shreveport/Bossier, I am always looking for an alternative (cheaper) place to stay then the casino hotels - especially on the weekends. This property is 35 minutes from the casinos (not a bad drive at all unless you enjoyed too many adult beverages). Located just off the highway (I 20). The room was very clean and well kept. Nice bathroom amenities, too. The staff was friendly. There are places to eat and drink close by. It's not the Ritz or Four Seasons, but it is probably the nicest Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed in. It was what I was looking for - a cheaper hotel than the casino properties on my way back to the Dallas area after a day of blackjack and video poker.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Quality Inn Marshall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn Marshall

Address: 4911 East End Blvd, Marshall, TX 75672 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Marshall)
Location: United States > Texas > Marshall
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Marshall
Hotel Class:2 star — Quality Inn Marshall 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn Marshall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marshall Quality Inn

If you own or manage Quality Inn Marshall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.