“Eclectic fun” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Eclectic fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We got into Marfa late in the evening and every place to grab a bite was closed. We drove around and found Padre's. We were a little intimidated going in but the staff was friendly, burger was good and we chatted up a few of the patrons. There was a diverse group of people in the joint that night.

Visited October 2013

Austin, Texas
“Comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I didn't get a chance to try Planet Marfa while I was in town because it was closed for a private party, but Padre's was my favorite nightlife spot. The outdoor space was the perfect spot to hang out and talk to new friends.

Visited July 2014
Austin, TX
“What happened while I was gone?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Admittedly, I've been away from you lately Padres, but 8 months ago we had it together more than now. Not sure what was going on, but we had all of the bad characteristics that a town trying too hard to be snobby can have. Unresponsive waitstaff/bartender? Check, "Alternative you won't understand" music? Check. Even the food missed the mark this time (and I look forward to that part). This used to be a fun stop for some pool, beer and a burger. It's off my go to list for sure, another fatality in the hipster/artist/urban escapee renaissance. I could say it was more alive when it was a funeral home, but that would be a cheap shot. C'mon Padres, pull it together!

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Austin, TX
“The walking dead has more Energy!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was here 3 years ago-happening place. Now, the bar staff are zombies with no personality, the music will put you to asleep and the energy has gone with the Marfa lights-illusive and unpredictable. Sad-Padres used to be great. Now it's trying to hard to please the LA crowd.

Sarasota, Florida
“Good burgers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We happened by Padre's because our other choice was closed - but it was buy one get one burgers. It ended up being a great deal for us. We both had burgers and fries - all of which was pretty good. The atmosphere was pretty cool, but the music was screeching (whatever it was they were playing). I'm a huge music fan and this looks like an awesome venue for a show, but that album they had on was just a bit much for just a burger. It's definitely set up for shows and not dinner, but overall it was a pretty cool place. We were there on a night with no live music - unfortunately.

• Visited May 2014