“A must stop when looking for some good ol' finger pickin good.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 69 Restaurants in Marble Falls
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: LUNCH AND DINNER, Casual Dining for individual, family or business mtgs. Hours of operation are 10:30 AM - 7 PM, Monday through Saturday. "Fall Apart, Pecan Smoked Brisket, Marinated Boneless Chicken Breast, Sausage that's better than a "Sharp Stick in the Eye!", And Fall Off The Bone Spare Ribs. Sides include Cilantro Pintos, Cream Cheese Jalapeno Corn(YEE-HAW!), Savory Italian Cut Green Beans and Red Potato Salad. BIG PORTIONS and LOW PRICES! Daily Specials from $6.95 Includes Tea! "Mile High" Chopped or Sliced Brisket Sandwich that comes with it's own WARNING from the "Pitmaster General". DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE WHILE EATING THE "MILE HIGH" OR YOU WILL BE WEARING IT! So, PLEASE, for the sake of your Shirts and Blouses, Come in, Sit Down and Eat Responsibly! :-) HOLY SMOKES! No Teeth Required... WE CATER! CALL or email for details! M-M-M!
“A must stop when looking for some good ol' finger pickin good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My mother and I had the 2 rib plate special. The ribs were so tender they literally slid off the bone. The guy working the counter was very friendly. He greeted everyone who came in with a smile. I will definitely stop again :)

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Austin, TX
“Okay BBQ Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

BBQ wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was great either. The spot was a little strange and I wasn't a huge fan of the atmosphere. I'll try some other places in the area. Best of luck to the restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Randy M, Owner at Holy Smokes! BBQ & Catering, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
We want to thank you for your review of HOLY SMOKES! BBQ. If you ever come back to the area, please stop again! We appreciate HONEST reviews, and yours came across that way. We are always open to suggestions on how to improve, and are constantly trying to do so. So come on back, ask for either Randy or Mary, and we will do our best to make sure your experience is 100% great! I WILL admit this: we have been SLAMMED so much in the last couple of months, that we consistently run out of the "Fall Apart" Brisket. If yours was NOT "GREAT", that may be what happened. We'll pull more off the pit, but if it hasn't had a chance to "finish", it's just like a lot of places, except for the flavor, of course! Thanks again for your honesty and transparency. I always give a restaurant 2 to 3 tries, I hope you will too!
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Terrific brisket and friendly folks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a small family-owned spot, off the beaten track, that hasn't been open long. The owner was very friendly and wanted to make sure we were pleased. We both had brisket, pinto beans, and potato salad. The hubs also had chicken (a boneless breast). He thought it was a little dry. The brisket was outstanding as were the beans. I enjoyed the red potato salad, but he prefers a more traditional recipe. I also had sausage and it was good, if a little spicy. The owner explained that the sausage was suddenly coming to him spicier and he was dealing with that. Drink options were water, tea, and soft drinks. No beer, unfortunately. This is a very casual, small place. Don't let the picture Trip Advisor has up fool you. We enjoyed our meal and will return the next time we're in the area.

Visited April 2014
Randy M, Owner at Holy Smokes! BBQ & Catering, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for your review of HOLY SMOKES! BBQ at TripAdvisor! Your Hubs was right! The chicken was a little dry. In fact, I was trying to get away to the store to buy some more chicken, when we were "slammed", and sold out of the chicken withiun minutes! I did get more and it was moist, but I'm sorry it wasn't totally moist for y'all! As to beer and liquor, we want to be a "Family Friendly" BBQ Restaurant. Some folks feel like it has to have beer to be good BBQ, but folks have been kind. EVERYONE, except for 2 people, so far, think the BBQ tastes great without having to drink beer first. LOL. Thanks again, and yes, I DO have a twisted sense of humor. :-)
Clearwater, Florida
“Average BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Wife and I had lunch there. Don't see how this is rated #3 in Marble Falls. For a BBQ joint to serve presliced brisket from a steam table line is an insult to BBQ and the brisket. The last serving could not have been sweeter but Holy Smokes does not ct it as a real BBQ rest. Ala Coopers in Llano.

Visited April 2014
Randy M, Owner at Holy Smokes! BBQ & Catering, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
As the owner of HOLY SMOKES! BBQ, I consider it a privilege to be able to meet so many courteous, professional and friendly people. We at HOLY SMOKES! BBQ realize that some people prefer their meat a little bit tougher and not "Fall Apart". Our niche happens to be "Fall Apart Brisket", "Fall Off The Bone Spare Ribs", Moist, Marinated, Smoky Chicken Breast and Sausage with just the right texture and not greasy. I am SO sorry that you were not satisfied during your visit! After all, the moment you walked inside, before you even ordered, you began comparing us to another BBQ joint, and making disparaging remarks. We are not trying to be "another" BBQ joint, simply trying to be ourselves. That means we do our best to make EVERY customer happy(which I attempted to do for you, several times), make sure they are full and VERY happy with the quality of the food.
I'm thankful that every other review showed people to be VERY HAPPY! That's what we strive for. And since you seemed to be insulted by freshly sliced BBQ Brisket, which IS what it was, I want to help make sure that you are VERY HAPPY! Please, next time you come through, may I humbly suggest that you go to the place that you were so happy with before, and enjoy yourself there. God Bless...Your friends at HOLY SMOKES! BBQ
Walburg, Texas
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Ribs are pork - melt in your mouth, falling off the bone. Sausage is lean and very tasty. Chicken is boneless - breasts, no skin - super juicy, tender and seasoned perfectly. Corn, green beans, pinto beans and red potato salad totally rock as side dishes. Hot kisses (jalepeno stuffed with creme cheese, wrapped in bacon) are the perfect dessert. Be prepared to be welcomed and treated like family. The owner takes time to give samples and make each customer feel special. Employees check tables for drink refills and trash collection. Truly a hidden gem - family owned to boot! We live an hour away and plan to visit again soon.