“ready to go back” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
houston
“ready to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff were all very nice staff, rooms have a great view of the lake from the private balconies, overall is a very good value............................................................................

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Copperas Cove, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

(FABULOUS HOTEL!) READ THIS! I planned a secret visit to La Quinta in Marble Falls to celebrate our 27th anniversary! We never had a honeymoon (and my husband has epileptic seizures so I have to plan things). I reserved a room then had a feeling I needed to send an email to the hotel. Found out that I had reserved the wrong type room that was only on the 1st floor. I wanted this to be special and romantic and I let Chris (THE MOST AMAZING Hotel person EVER!) know that this was our anniversary. He said that if something became available then he would upgrade us to the fourth floor at no extra charge! So the surprise began as my husband came home from work (1/2 day) and I had him go straight with me to get gas and air in the tires. (I had to waste some time knowing that 3:00 was check in time.) I had the whole back of the truck packed without his knowledge! After driving for a couple of hours, we got to the hotel. I had him check in and he told the desk clerks that he was super surprised and that was the longest drive ever just to get air in tires! But we were in for an even GREATER SURPRISE! Chris managed to get us to the 4th floor room with a super romantic balcony & view and beautiful room! (Check my photos out!) Needless to say, we hardly left the room! ☺ You MUST go here! Everyone was so helpful, thoughtful, the room was immaculate and comfortable, absolutely AMAZING! I HIGHLY Recommend this hotel to EVERYONE! Thanks Chris! You made our weekend absolutely WONDERFUL! WE WILL BE BACK! ♥
EXTRAS: Ceiling fans & A/C! Wrought iron balcony furniture for a romantic sunset! Comfortable beds w/plenty of pillows. Lots of space! Large bathroom w/mirror on movable arm. Sm Refrig/microwave. Great hot/cold breakfast to choose from! Just wonderful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pakki_6049, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Marble Falls, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear SherriO,
Happy Anniversary!
Thank you for taking the time to write such a heartwarming review, we are totally overjoyed that you had such a wonderful stay.
Only problem we are having is with Chris, his head has swelled to the point that he is having difficulty walking through doorways!
We look forward to your next visit.
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel is OK, showing its age a bit, but it's the hotels pet policy that grosses me out!
In this hotel you can bring your horse sized dogs with you and they can stay in any room in the hotel, and bark while you are out annoying everyone around your room...
The thing is, if you do not bring your dogs with you, you really don't want to stay in a room where dogs have been all over it. Every hotel I have ever stayed in that allows pets, has a wing for people with pets. Not here. Just think, the person before you could have brought Fido, fleas and all- peeing on your floor, and sleeping in your bed, sitting on your couch... Yuck!
I wrote this on the survey that the hotel sends you after your stay and got a very rude message from the owner of the hotel.
We will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pakki_6049, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Marble Falls, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear smsUSA,
Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention one more time, please allow me to set the record straight. We assign rooms to pet owners on two floors and have a weight limit of 30 lbs. for each pet. Occasionally, we will have a guest with a reservation come in with an oversized pet(s), we will let the person stay but we do make them aware of the weight limit for future stays. During busy times we do have instances when these rooms have to be assigned to guests without pets but we seldom get any complaints, the vast majority of these guests are totally unaware that there was a pet in that room prior to their visit.
Your contention that all these pets have fleas and urinate everywhere are preposterous, one thing I can tell you without a doubt is that in the five years since we opened the exterminator has never ever been summoned to come and treat a guestroom for fleas.
I appreciate your giving us a try and wish you better luck with other hotels that you visit.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My experience at this hotel was excellent. Immediately upon entering the hotel I was greeted by a friendly and professional staff. My room was immaculate and the housekeeping staff made sure it was maintained in this way each day. The hotel sits on a hill and the view from my room of Lake Buchanan was beautiful. The staff that prepared the breakfast geeted me every morning and the food was always prepared and ready on time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Marble Falls? Share your experiences!