“Great sport for drinks and dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 134 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Great sport for drinks and dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We love this place! We go for after work cocktails, girls nights out and sometimes for weekend bands. Always have great time and the food is excellent to me. I love the burger with egg on it (weird I know but gooooood) and the pizza is awesome.

Visited July 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Average food, below average service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

So, if you are running a restaurant, you MIGHT want to tell the waitresses that they might want to do their feverish texting during a break or something. Trying to get the bartender's attention while she was busy texting was almost impossible.

And when she wasn't texting, she was gossiping with two other waitresses. Saying things that should not be said in front of customers. I will leave it at that.

And, if you were running a bar/grill - what kind of programming would you have on the televisions? ESPN? Tennis Channel? Golf Channel? Not at Fat Daddy's.

Want to know what was on EVERY television the day I visited - "Law and Order". I'm not making that up. EVERY single television in the place was on "Law and Order". It actually was kind of funny. SOMEBODY there is obsessed with that crime series regardless of what a normal customer might expect or want to see.

The appetizer I had was ok. I think they must buy their cheese from the government though. Just sayin'.

Overall, this place is below average and not worthy of a second chance with so many other choices in the area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, Texas
“Return trip to Fat Daddy's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The first review I wrote about this restaurant was not glowing by any means. I will say however that just this past week my husband and I decided to give it another shot. I must say that the waitresses and staff were alot better this time around. They were attentive and the food was served in a timely manner. Our order was correct the first time and we had no problems on this visit. we even saw what looked to be the manager busing tables. To me it is a good thing to do what you have to to make sure the job is done and the customers are happy. Overall this visit was much better than our last. keep it up and we will again be regular customers.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, Texas
“Worst experience ever at fat Daddy's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have been going to Fat daddy's for almost 4 years now. The service gets worse every time we go there. The waitresses think they are doing you a favor by waiting on you. You are basically interrupting them with any request. The waitress then proceeded to get my order wrong and it had to be sent back. Then the cook came out to argue with me that it wasn't his fault that the waitress had written it down wrong! There were about 10 people all together in the restaurant when we went in around 4 in the afternoon. So the food should not have taken over 50 minutes to get to our table in the first place. When my order was taken back it took an additional 25 minutes to get it. at which point the cook came out to argue with me! I don't know what has happened to the place that we used to enjoy going to but rest assured we will not be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, Texas
“Good food, cool atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Someone had commented on the way the girls were dressed. Honestly, it was not bad at all. If anything, some of the girls were dressed kind of tacky. One girl had major cleavage showing but the rest were normal looking. The girls looked like they are all 18 years old. Very young. The food was good. I had the blackened chicken breast sandwich. The chicken was extremely thin but it tasted good. Their cajun fries are just normal crinkled cut fries with cajun seasoning sprinkled over them. My hubbie had the rueben sandwich. He said it was good but he's had better. The atmosphere is pretty cool. We went at 6:00pm on a Saturday and there was barely anyone there. The only thing to complain about is when we got our food, we had asked for a thing of Ranch dressing and found out later when we got the check that they charged us $.49 for it. Come on! Really? So ridiculous. It felt like we were at Hooters because Hooters charges you for almost every little stupid thing. Other then that, we will be back again to hang out and watch a football game or whatever.

• Visited December 2012