“Conveniently located and comfortable rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Dallas Mansfield

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Dallas Mansfield to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Dallas Mansfield
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1480 US Hwy 287 N, Mansfield, TX 76063   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mansfield
Deer Park, Texas, United States
“Conveniently located and comfortable rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We purchased our room for 2 nights on Priceline, and received a better price than going through the Marriott website.
The front desk personnel were very polite and helpful.
The (free) continental breakfast had a good variety of fresh fruits, pastries, cereals and, my kid's favorite- the TEXAS waffle iron!
The room was clean and comfortable. Not overly spacious- but we just used it to sleep, so it served its purpose.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We are waiting on a call from management in regards to finding a towel neatly folded and placed on the towel rack in the bathroom. When getting in the shower, unfolded the towel to find 2 bloody spots on it. It wasn't a stain but bright red smeared blood. The girl at the desk offered no apologies or even a comment. We were so tired after traveling all day or would have left. I slept terrible worrying if I was even sleeping on clean sheets. We will see what management does. Will call corporate today if our bill isn't adjusted.

• Stayed March 2013
El Lago, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

After searching MANY hotels options in the surrounding area, we decided to stay here based on location and the price we got it for. I read the reviews and they are pretty much spot on. Our biggest disappointment was how firm the bed is. I read this in the reviews, but was hoping it was exaggerated (sadly, it wasn't).
The woman at the front desk was very personable and easy to joke with. Every encounter with the staff was great!
The TV channels are pretty limited and no way to order a movie. Next time, I will bring my laptop and an HDMI cable to hook up to the TV and watch a movie.
The room was a little small but it was clean and served its purpose. Halfway through our stay, as we were heading out at 3 in the afternoon, we asked to have housekeeping change the bedding and refresh the bathroom and they did it without making a big deal about it.
We too stayed facing the highway, but kept the air conditioning fan going all the time (I don't like to sleep when its too quiet...you hear every noise) therefore the highway noise was never an issue at all. The hotel was very quiet (especially being that it was spring break).
We slept in both days and didn't make it to breakfast, nor did we use the indoor pool, so I cant comment on them.
The overall experience was great (only the firm bed and limited TV stations kept it from a 5 star rating) and I would not hesitate to stay there again! If you are considering this as an option, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: Requested (and they were happy to honor our request) to stayed on the top floor at the end. No one...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brush Prairie, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in Mansfield on business recently, and chose to stay here based on a list of local hotels provided to me. This is a newer hotel, so they have that working in their favor. While the location on a frontage road may be confusing for some, I was able to find the hotel relatively quickly. Upon arrival, I was greeted promptly at the front desk by a very friendly clerk. During the check-in process I received an explanation of where the amenities were located within the hotel, and the hours when they were available. Upon arrival in my room, I was pleased to find it clean without that stale air smell many hotels have. Breakfast the next day was very good for this level of hotel, and they had a variety of choices.

The only downside to my stay was that my room was on the highway side of the hotel. The traffic noise picked up considerably in the early morning hours. The next time I stay here, I will be sure to request a room on the back side of the hotel where it should be quieter.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was in Mansfield recently and stayed at this property
for the night. The staff that was on when I arrived was very helpful and put me in the exact room that is on my profile. I was able to use the store they have In the lobby and they have all the typical fair. As for the morning breakfast they have those great Texas waffle makers you only get In Texas and all the other great things to get the day started. I will stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2013
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My family and I stay not too far from this hotel so since we needed a place to stay for a few days while our wood floors were being redid we decided to stay here at Fairfield. Our suite was nicely decorated and the linens were freshly washed and everything seemed pretty clean EXCEPT the carpet. I hate going to hotels and their carpet is soiled with stains and God knows what else. I would have given this hotel a Very Good rating if it were not for the carpet. Also, the breakfast was sub par even though it was free. We were informed that the hotel would be changing their breakfast to a more full breakfast, ie. eggs, bacon, sausage etc. but that it wouldn't take effect until the week after we were gone! So, I guess once the breakfast is upgraded the hotel will be in pretty good standards with the exception of the dirty carpet; which they really need to fix. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved the indoor swimming pool and hot tub also.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the top floor to avoid noisy footsteps above you while you try to sleep.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We are enjoying our 2 day stay here. Our GPS didn't know it was on the Frontage Road, not directly on Rt. 287, so we had to do a loop around unfortunately. Once we arrived, we were very happy with the accommodations. Very friendly staff, well equipped business center, good coffee and decent breakfast choices. The king room is not large, but okay for a short stay. I didn't think the bed was too bad, but my husband did comment that it was hard.
The bathroom is average sized, plenty of counter space, with Pantene shampoo and conditioner. One thing that drives me crazy (and it's the same way at the Hilton-Polaris in Columbus, OH)...if you get a king bed, you get a shower only....no tub. Only queen bed rooms have bathtubs. What sense does that make? My husband and I are tall AND I'd like to relax in a tub to shave my legs...sheesh! The towels aren't overly soft, but the water is too soft for my tastes. Always feels like the soap isn't rinsing all the way off.
I agree about the TV channel selection. Wanted to watch E, but they don't have that one either. But hey, with computers and all shows now being online, it's no problem in the big scheme of things. Almost beats searching through too many stations to find something good to watch!
We bring a sound machine with us on the road, so we slept just fine. The decor is definitely updated from the old Fairfield Inns, and the makeover was needed. This is a good budget friendly hotel, and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Dallas Mansfield? Share your experiences!