“Worst experience with management.” 1 of 5 stars

Magnolia Inn and Suites
18614 FM 1488, Magnolia, TX 77354   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Magnolia
San Antonio, Texas
“Worst experience with management.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friends and I rented three rooms so that we could go to the Texas Renaissance Festival. The evening we checked in we went out to eat. As we left we noticed our door didn't shut properly. The owner told us that due to the weather you have to manipulate the door a certain way. That was a joke, the door never closed properly at all. Our friends' elementary age son could push it open with one finger. The manager refused to give us a new room despite having two unoccupied rooms on hand. Luckily one of our friends was not able to go on the trip and didn't cancel her room in time,so we were able to take advantage of their room. The manager refused to refund us back $440 for a two night stay in our room, when the room was unusable. We should not have to receive a tutorial on how to pull a door shut (especially when the owner's daughter who verified our issue couldn't do it either.) When she found out we were staying in our friends paid and unoccupied room she rented out the room we complained about to another person and they had the same issue.

Room Tip: Better luck going to The Executive a mile down the road.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights. I was not expecting much but would have liked to have it be clean. There was something on floor, comforter, and ceiling. They may have been stains but I am not sure. The towels were thread bare. The price I know is because of the TRF but it was ridiculous. Positives are staff were kind, a continental breakfast available on weekends only, and the free shuttle service to and from the Texas Renaissance Festival. Gerry the driver was wonderful and a gentleman.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Magnolia Inn. I feel like this hotel is getting a bad rap- it's not a 5-star hotel, and if that's what you're after, good luck finding one in Magnolia. That being said it was just my husband and I checking in, so we didn't run into any issues with additional guests, pets, etc. like some other reviewers did. The room was clean and the staff was courteous. We witnessed a guest being extremely rude when he didn't have a reservation and was told his rate would be higher than normal. The reality of the situation is the Renaissance Festival is their busy season so rates will be higher (should’ve booked early, rude guy!). The other people we met during our stay were very friendly - they were repeat guests from previous years. We stayed there two nights for the Renaissance Festival and it was totally worth it, especially for the free shuttle service. Jerry was our shuttle driver and he was a lot of fun to visit with. There were just a couple of minor drawbacks, the train was noisy when it passed and the walls were a little thin. We could hear our neighbor yawning in the morning when we were still in bed which was kind of awkward - guess he had too much fun the night before! Both nights I used an app on my phone that sounds like rainfall to mask the outside noise – problem solved! (I heard the aforementioned yawns after I turned off my rain app). On Saturday morning they had Texas shaped waffles that were delicious. We booked in July so our rates were a little better. The room was still very expensive, but to drink as much as we wanted at the Ren Festival, come back to a comfy bed, not to mention having a friendly designated driver waiting for us at the Festival was worth every penny! Thank you Magnolia Inn & Suites – we will be back!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

We recently stayed at the Magnolia Inn and Suites for the Texas Renaissance Festival and arrived Friday evening; check in was easy and fast. The room was clean and beds very comfortable. Saturday morning there was a continental breakfast which included a waffle maker and typical continental breakfast items. Free shuttle to the festival was great saved us from having to pay for parking and we were dropped off right in front of the festival. The driver very friendly and said that he would be back and forth all night and would not stop till all people were back at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

I needed a room for me and three kids for two nights. I was told I had to pay for two of the kids as adults because they were 15yrs old at a rate of $115 a night with a $75 deposit!! This is a MOTEL with dirty carpets and mix match sheets. The lady in the lobby is rude and this place is a rip off. Nasty rooms and nasty people. And do not disturb signs apparently mean nothing to them as the maid banged on my door and tried to get in. I was told I might have wanted service and that's why they tried to invade my room regardless to the sign. My worst motel experience ever.

• Stayed August 2014
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. The magement is the WORST I have ever experienced. I know Texas law and they try to tell you that only two people are allowed per room. DOUBLE beds mean that two humans can sleep in once bed. Meaning 4 total people per room; as it is in every other hotel I have ever stayed at. The management is extremely unprofessional and racist!!! They sterotype people they believe will fall into their ridiculous trap such as young girls but they were unaware that I am familair with state housing and renting laws so the rules they try to implicate are ridiculous. Never, I mean never, give these people your business.

• Stayed June 2014
vvansadia, Manager at Magnolia Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hotel / Motel policies are different for each property. Please call ahead of time for any specific question you may have to avoid misunderstandings at the check in. We are here to serve you, within our property's guidelines ( pets or no pets, how many can stay in the room, smoking rooms, cash deposit etc.). We appreciate your business.
Texas, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The toilet was possessed and the towels, washcloths and hand towels were thread bare. It was clean and comfortable. A nice place to lay your head. The pool closed at 9 which stunk because most close at 10. It was good for one night but no more than that.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Magnolia Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!