“One of the Best” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Nokomis, Florida
“One of the Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We ate at most of the BBQ places on the Texas BBQ Trail and this one rates near the top. Their ribs were the best I ate. The brisket was tasty and the sausage was above average. I went back for more ribs. Nice people and a pleasant dining experience. Reasonable. Less cost than most.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Pretty Darn Tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stopped by to try it out on our way back to Austin from the coast. This place always seems to have a steady stream of business, so just wanted to check it out. You've got to love traveling along the "BBQ Trail"! We were very pleased with our brisket and sausage! The brisket was lean and juicy.....not fatty. The sausage was very lean and tasted great. The casing was not too tough which is nice. The BBQ sauce is mustardy (if that is even a word)! We like mustard, so we thought it was tasty. However, the brisket and sausage was so good, it really did not need any sauce. Topped if off with a Big Red. Just another great BBQ adventure!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
glen ellyn
“Get the ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The brisket and sausage are both great, but the baby back ribs are incredible. I usually don't go for a lot of pork bbq while in Texas, but I'm glad I did here. These ribs stack up against anyone, anywhere.

Visited December 2012
Lewisville, TX
“If you like "mustardy/vinegar" BBQ sauce~”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

In our opinion, the BBQ sauce can make or break a good BBQ place. Since we had already tried City Market, we wanted to do something different. Thus, we went to Luling BBQ. We were greeted by the helpful staff and liked the "selection" of meats. We purchased ribs, brisket and sausage. The ribs were overpriced. The brisket was dry. The sausage was overcooked. Their coleslaw met our "taste" preferences...and the iced tea was good. I purchased a gallon "to go". Additionally, we were disappointed with the beans and banana pudding. If you are in the area, I'd recommend going to Lockhart for BBQ OR back to City Market. Lastly, we are more "sweet BBQ sauce" lovers....so, their sauce wasn't to our liking.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“It was good, but a step below some of Texas's best.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

The ribs had a pretty good taste, but were a little greasy. The brisket wasn't that exciting. These are my 2 meats I judge all BBQ places by, and the only ones I usually eat. As I looked around the crowded restaurant almost everyone had chicken and sausage so maybe that's what the do best, but I can't say for sure.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere