“Will NOT stay here again, after 6 stays.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lufkin
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Will NOT stay here again, after 6 stays.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stay here once a month when we visit our son at the Lufkin State Supported Living Center. We have been staying here since March and have had normal issues; however, the past 2 visits have been terrible. Oct. 1, they had our reservation under the wrong name, took 30 min. to get a drink, no hot water and the room was terrible, wrinkled bedding and all. We were supposed to get a remodeled room, but that didn't happen. This time, I made a reservation on Wed (10/24) directly with the hotel because I could not access the Marriott website. I was told I would receive an e-mail confirmation, but didn't. Showed up, and they had no reservation (not even under the wrong name...again), and the hotel was sold out. So was every other hotel in Lufkin. We had to drive to Nacogdoches to find a hotel. Needless to say, we are not happy at all, and will not be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardLufkin, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lufkin, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for the response and for taking the time to speak with me on Tuesday morning. The last weekend you planned on staying was a busy weekend in Lufkin and, the fact that we had to divert over 100+ guests/reservations on Wednesday 10/24 for the entire weekend due to construction deadlines that were not met, certainly led to many guests relocating to the Nacogdoches area.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to speak to me over the phone and allow me to explain the circumstances a little more clearly. I look forward to speaking to you again soon and we look forward to having you stay with again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Marshall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stay in variety of hotels on road, this property is one that I look forward to staying at, just like home with a lot of extras. It's always a relaxing enviornment for work and pleasure with an very accommodating staff. Great job courtyard of Lufkin Texas. will be seeing you again real soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardLufkin, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lufkin, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Welcome back again!!! Thank you so much for your loyalty to Courtyard and the team in Lufkin. As always, it is a pleasure to have you with us.
Alto, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed a Saturday night there just to get a way. The facilities are new and clean and the staff was helpful. We came the day after a major storm knocked out power all over town and the hotel had been packed with people as it had kept their power. However, the place was clean, and our room was great. If you're looking for a place in Lufin, this is the hotel to use.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Very glad you chose Courtyard Lufkin for your special day. We love our local East Texas guests who come for that weekend away from the stresses of the week as much as we love our business travelers. Thanks so much for making us part of your day and thank you for sharing your experience with everyone else!
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

1st. The smell in the hallway was a bit off. Very happy it didn't extend into the room!
2nd. The air in the "gym" didn't work for the entire 8 days! The front desk said it has been like that for weeks! Hopefully that will get fixed soon! They did offer water in the workout area.
3rd. Some people got free breakfast some didn't. I'm Marriott elite and have stayed there before. Wasn't really sure why they didn't offer me free breakfast.
4th. Getting extra towels- it was like Fort Knox! They would ask for my room number and mark it down every time! Trust me I don't want to take your thin towels.
5th. The folks at the front desk were super friendly and very sweet.
6th. Housekeeping did a great job! Room smelled fresh and clean. Carpet was a bit dirty (room 401 this time and 301 last time)
7th. For Lufkin, Tx it was ok, best hotel in the area...mmmm...maybe

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lufkin, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. The smell you experienced was due to a broken line between us and the retail property behind us. The City of Lufkin and our property are working diligently to repair this and ensure the issue was not more than one pipe. I can certainly understand how the smell would put a person off. The A/C in the fitness center was looked at during the time of your stay and we were told the unit needed freon which was replaced...only to have the compressor go out two days later. Sadly for your stay, you had to experience both these problems at once.

In regards to breakfast, Courtyard Marriott has changed design to include the Bistro Restaurant. The concept was designed to offer our guests a larger selection of healthier food options. We do not offer free breakfast; however, we do have several Corporate Rates that have a "breakfast included" option as well as a standard "breakfast included" option. Should you travel to the Lufkin area on a regular basis, please take a moment to contact our Sales Department to discuss the possibility of a "Breakfast Included" rate.
Lufkin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We held a one week training at The Marriott and Ginny, the sales/event coordinator was WONDERFUL to work with. I had so many changes prior to my event and she was more than helpful and so willing to help out. Everyone that stayed at the hotel loved it as well! We will definitely use this hotel for future trainings and meetings.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you, Amber, for the great response. Ginny was so happy to see this. We truly enjoyed you guests throughout the days of training.
Lincoln City, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I spent two days presenting a seminar at this hotel and my program was one of about three business sessions going on simultaneously. They have very fancy digital signs on the wall outside the rooms. The room itself was set up very well. It looked great and the size was more than adequate. The banquet people sure wanted to be helpful and were pleasant to work with, but they are working under some tough constraints. For one thing, apparently nobody in the hotel has even basic audio visual knowledge. I communicated weeks before the program that I do not use a computer to play my DVD, so I needed to plug my cords into an RF receptacle. When I showed up, they proudly showed me their computer-only hookup to an overhead projector. I had suggested that if they could not handle RF connections, I could use a stand-alone projector with separate speakers, but no such arrangements had been made. They did not even know if they had a stand-alone projector, but were surprised to find a brand new one still in the box hidden away in some back closet. My client had to go out and buy speakers. I needed a large, erasable white board. My client had to buy that also. I am a bit mystified about why so many local companies use this hotel for their programs when they are so ill-equipped. The sleeping room itself was just fine, although the maid had apparently been in too much of a hurry to put the hair dryer away in its bag and the towels are unreasonably thin . . . ask for extras if there will be more than one person in the room because it takes more than one towel to get dry.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I am sorry you had a less than perfect stay during your seminar. The larger-than-standard requested size on the Dry Erase board for you event was, as you described, something outside of the scope of our normal Client needs. While we tried to accomdate your needs on this, getting the item for you with the timing needed was much easier for your Client to handle to ensure it was there in time for your seminar.

Your response has definately been forwarded to our Corporate Office to make budgeting decision in regards to the requests you listed as well as others that would love to offer all Event Clients. Its the "Guest Voice" like this that allows us to evaluate and adjust our AV equipment to meet our guest's needs.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is wonderful. Loved the room bed was super comfortable. Nice having Starbuck's in hotel. The staff was helpful & friendly.

• Stayed April 2012
CourtyardLufkin, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lufkin, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay!! Thank you for the glowing review.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Lufkin? Share your experiences!